Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eminem Is Wack

imported_el-producto
    Just wondering why everyone likes Eminem so much. His lyrics are repetitive as hell, his beats suck, he has an annoying voice, he runs his mouth on so many people in the industry, he thinks he's black, no talent as seen with his stupid lyrics, most of his freestyles are written shit, etc. And he's not the only white guy that can rap like everyone fuckin says...there are so many white rappers out there that would kill his ass in a battle or a song..Copywrite, Cage, El-P, Necro, Yak Ballz, High & Mighty, Evidence, Paul Wall, Non Phixion, etc

so if someone can tell me what attracts them to Eminem's shit..go for it

2. Music   -   #2
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Probably because he's mainstream, and his music is easily obtained.

Oh, and didn't he threathen to beat up Moby at one of the Gramys?

3. Music   -   #3
    Very Large Member
    el-producto,everyone is entitled to their own taste in music,and tastes vary wildly.If this wasn't the case then what a boring world it would be.
    There really isnt much point slagging off artists because at the end of the day he will be at his mansion shagging beautiful women and we are all sat at our computers with a can of cheap lager.
    I know where id rather be.................

4. Music   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I certainly agree that he's not the only white MC to have talent, but I don't think thats the reason people like him. I understand he has a lot of mainstream appeal which can put a lot of people off, including myself, but I have decided not to stop liking him just because a load of kids who don't know any other hip hop do too.

Obviously you don't agree, but for me it is his lyrical content that mainly appeals. More than many other artists (who have better beats and vocal skills) his lyrics can really make you listen, laugh etc. His words have a real way of commenting on society that really make you think "Wow, he is right on the mark there". Some of the lyrics are a bit stupid but he can't be on point all the time. I think you can put Eminem's lyrics up on paper against a hell of a lot of rappers and his will win every time.

As for his freestyles being written, well I think thats just the way now, as it is with a hundred other MCs right now.

5. Music   -   #5
    The high and the mighty and evidence(native american not white) would wax em? nah. Maybe them other cats. How does he thinks he's black? He needs to stop rocking the doo rag but all in all he doesn't strike me as trying to be black any more than non phixion if you've seen any of their videos. Personally I find his shit boring and don't understand the appeal either but like the other guy said if we all liked the same shit it would be boring.

6. Music   -   #6
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by el-producto@16 May 2003 - 03:06
    Copywrite, Cage, El-P, Necro, Yak Ballz, High & Mighty, Evidence, Paul Wall, Non Phixion, etc

so if someone can tell me what attracts them to Eminem's shit..go for it
    I DONT LIKE EM AT ALL THE BEATS ARE GOOD SOMETIMES BUT YOU CAN THANK
    DRE FOR THAT.opps caps sry.

I happen to like the high and mighty but what "attracts" you to the rest of these guys ?
    And if there that good why dont they sell more records ?

Are they from the U K or something ?

7. Music   -   #7
    Some good groups don't sell alot in hip hop. But i'm not a fan of any of those people he named. necro has 2 songs i like "i need drugs" and another song released around the time that song came out. They're all U.S acts also. Those are all underground acts. Evidence from Dilated Peoples is probably the only one to get airplay on mtv/ bet though.

8. Music   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@16 May 2003 - 03:15
    Oh, and didn't he threathen to beat up Moby at one of the Gramys?
    Yes.

After that Moby had a concert in Boston. After the concert he was signing autographs, I heard two men jumped him and beat his ass.

Eminem's men?

9. Music   -   #9
    Fasttracker A
    I heard in rolling stone it was two drunk guys that later called in to a radio station and claimed it was a gay bashing.

I dont think hes gay though

10. Music   -   #10
    Jayhawk
    lets see how many times we can say am in a song....That was really gay but so is he so yeah i dislike him alot

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast