Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backing Up The Mp3 Collection

I want to burn a back up of my mp3 collection. I have the latest build of Nero and I would like to know if there is an easy way to do this. I have 450+ albums (almost 7000 files) so it would be great if Nero could take the whole collection and automaically divide it up into nice 700MB sections. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.

2. Music   -   #2
    BANNED
    Im confused are u backing up them from your HD to disk u say u have 400 albums which are mp3s so why back them up?

3. Music   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Burn as DATA not Audio.Turn everything off when Burning, the only thing you should have going is NERO(or what ever program you choose to use).And just because you can BURN a CDR at lets say 52x choose to BURN at a slower speed.

4. Music   -   #4
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Ive just gotta add my bit here - which i learned from FC - and its true too:

You can get about 10 albums on a normal 700Mb CD - IF you burn as DATA - so thats approx 45 CD's - very cheap price to pay for a backup of albums i think

Peace
    UKMan

5. Music   -   #5
    I use Roxio Easy CD Creator, As nero has spyware.
    Easy CD, It does what it says on the box, Easy, Very easy.
    I have used nero, and yes it burns a lot faster, but i found it crap compared to Roxio.
    Save your mp3 using Roxio just drag your folders into the box and click record.
    I have been using Easy cd for two years now and i have had no problems at all.
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

6. Music   -   #6
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I use Put up your jukes, which has a nice feature, so when you burn it, you can tell it a disc number/name, so if you ever need to find it, its easy. this also comes in useful for those "didn't i already dl that?" moments, as you can see not only whats on HDD, but whats on CD too
    <insert signature here>

7. Music   -   #7
    Thanks for all the replies.
    @adthomp - Backing up just so I have a back up, for those Murphy&#39;s law moments. I have spent alot of time dl&#39;ing and I just want to be safe B)

Here&#39;s is what I am looking for, can Nero automatically back up a folder, as one project. Meaning, can I tell Nero to burn all of the contents of a specific folder to disc and have Nero automatically divide up the contents to fit on each disc? Am I making any sense? I overslept this morning so probably not.

Thanks again for your replies.

8. Music   -   #8
    ah, ok. i getcha.

you want to tell Nero to do the lot, and to have it sort out and decide what goes on each disk, in order to get the most from your CDs, instead of having a load of 3/4 full disks.

erm, nope, dont know if its poss, sorry
    <insert signature here>

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@16 May 2003 - 08:59
    ah, ok. i getcha.

you want to tell Nero to do the lot, and to have it sort out and decide what goes on each disk, in order to get the most from your CDs, instead of having a load of 3/4 full disks.

erm, nope, dont know if its poss, sorry
    Exactly&#33; That&#39;s too bad because that would be a great feature.

10. Music   -   #10
    it would be, though I tend to burn mine together, eg. all the Queen albums are on one disk, so if i wanna listen to it again, i can stick the disk in my MP3 player, and for the price of the blank CDS, I dont worry too much anout wasting a couple
    <insert signature here>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast