Thread: Abandon Ship ?

Fasttracker A
    I would hate to do just that...

I strongly recommend if you want fast downloads get bitorrent

Ive not only downloaded matrix reloaded in under 4 hour but Ive also just downloaded the centropy copy of X men 2 in about 5.5 6 hours.

Mind you I have a very very fast internet connection now ,
    but it takes kazaa sometimes hours on end just to connect to one source.
    Even worse when i manages to connect (W/kazaa ignite running) it gives me the worst download speeds imaginible .Usally 1 or under.

For me it was just a matter of time to find the web sites that connected me properly ,but the links were posted here by other members.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    u say u have kazaa ignite im probably wrong but shudnt u have k-lite. and i get nearly constsant speeds of 100kbs+ if the file im looking for has plenty of sources

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by gaun@16 May 2003 - 08:04
    u say u have kazaa ignite im probably wrong but shudnt u have k-lite. and i get nearly constsant speeds of 100kbs+ if the file im looking for has plenty of sources
    No I use k ignite to accelerate the downloads,and I do get speeds of 100 plus dont get me wrong.

What i mean is the files that are either new to k lite or rare.
    Like just imagine most games you want to download wouldnt take days or
    even weeks.

I love K lite ,but for some things its way better to use it for
    eg large files that are new hard to find or may be rare .

Look at my first post , I have no reason to lie.I pesonally didnt think it would be as easy or as fast.

I only used it on nightass.'s website for the matrix reloaded for the first time
    the other day.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    im not sayin dont use it, i was just sayin kazaa is ok lol

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Yep, everything has its uses. There is no denying BitTorrent is better for those new releases and it is possible to get etxtremely fast speeds that would never be possible on Kazaa for the same file. But even when something is just a couple of weeks old it can download extremely slowly, if it's possible to download it at all. A few times I have got stuck at 99% and theres nothing you can do to finish the file, except if you can convince someone to reseed it.

These older files however can be available with literally hundreds of sources on Kazaa and you will be able to pull it down very quickly indeed.

Bottom line is different horses for different courses (if that phrase means anything outside the UK ).

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Skillian@16 May 2003 - 09:32
    A few times I have got stuck at 99% and theres nothing you can do to finish the file, except if you can convince someone to reseed it.
    I'm having this problem now. What does it mean to reseed the file?
    Proud member of MDS

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Fasttracker A
    I just dont get it w/ all the people complaining about the downloads for Martix 2 or X men 2,Vice city 2 whatever taking so long.

Or shitty speeds.All these posts here are so annoying, people whining about all that.Im sure everyone is getting just as sick of it as I am.

Just find the bitorrent link floating around here for whatever your looking to download and presto.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I'm having this problem now. What does it mean to reseed the file?
    If the website you're getting it from has a forum or a comments section, you could ask someone who has finished the download to connect to the tracker and upload again, so you can complete your download.

I've got one stuck at 99% from Suprnova for the last 2 days but the forum's down because of first DDOS attacks (surprise surprise ) and now they're moving servers.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Fasttracker A
    I found the best way to connect to any torrent is to do the download
    at the early hours of the morning.2 or 3 am I allways get a connection

And the longer you stay connected the more speed it gathers.
    My downlad usally starts at 400 hours or so then wthin an hour it drops down to 5 or 6 hours until completion.