Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Global warming blow-hards...

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    They don't know why it flips.

The poles actually wander around too, and they are not necessarily diametrically opposite one another on the Earth's surface.

What the fuck's THAT all about
    I suppose if you have a spinning and tilting sphere with a 'liquid' centre you are going to have variations on the 'poles' of the 'liquid' centre.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #182
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by odin22 View Post
    Yes but thats nothing to do with global warming, they only have theories as to way this happens.

Are you sure of that statement? There are trains of thought that the 'flipping' is causing global warming. A pole in Hawaii and a pole in South Africa are possibilities.

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/HPHNPOLE.htm
    I thought it implied that global warming might be a consequence of the pole shift not the other way round.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #183
    Quote Originally Posted by odin22 View Post

Are you sure of that statement? There are trains of thought that the 'flipping' is causing global warming. A pole in Hawaii and a pole in South Africa are possibilities.

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/HPHNPOLE.htm
    I thought it implied that global warming might be a consequence of the pole shift not the other way round.
    Is that not what I just said?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #184
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    To be honest, I thought that link you posted was utter garbage.

However there is a serious consequence of magnetic pole flipping. Presumably at some point during the process the Earth will "lose" it's magnetic field, or at least have it radically reduced for a time, which will clearly affect the ability of the magnetosphere to deflect the harmful gamma rays and shit away from the atmosphere, and the surface of the Earth.

This could have disastrous consequences for global communications, weather, etc, even life itself.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #185
    To be honest, I thought that link you posted was utter garbage.

However there is a serious consequence of magnetic pole flipping. Presumably at some point during the process the Earth will "lose" it's magnetic field, or at least have it radically reduced for a time, which will clearly affect the ability of the magnetosphere to deflect the harmful gamma rays and shit away from the atmosphere, and the surface of the Earth.

This could have disastrous consequences for global communications, weather, etc, even life itself.
    Everything is garbage unless you can prove otherwise. I have seen on another link about the Hawaii theory. We would really need a qualified physicist to tell us the truth.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #186
    I've nothing against the theory in New Scientist that your link refers to (http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2152), however the person writing that HalfPastHuman nonsense seems to be a bit confused between magnetic poles and rotational poles.

Just because Hawaii and South Africa may become magnetic poles, doesn't mean they're going to get colder and penguins and polar bears will start living there ffs

7. The Drawing Room   -   #187
    It could not possibly get colder unless the earth changed its axis which has nothing whatsoever to do with the polarity, I think.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #188
    It could not possibly get colder unless the earth changed its axis which has nothing whatsoever to do with the polarity, I think.
    Exactly

9. The Drawing Room   -   #189
    Exactly
    Good, agreement reached.

However I still dont like you because I cant beat your Solitaire score.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #190
    A study by the world's leading experts says global warming will happen faster and be more devastating than previously thought.

'The really chilling thing about the IPCC report is that it is the work of several thousand climate experts who have widely differing views about how greenhouse gases will have their effect. Some think they will have a major impact, others a lesser role. Each paragraph of this report was therefore argued over and scrutinised intensely. Only points that were considered indisputable survived this process. This is a very conservative document - that's what makes it so scary,' said one senior UK climate expert.

Source

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast