Thread: eBay Auctioners

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

I was just curious.. is there anything we can do to 'report' a seller on eBay that is auctioning off let's say.. FanSubs? As they are 'illegal' as it is.. they are selling it without even the least giving credit, and making money off of the groups hard work... And I signed up for an account to report the user but apparently the way of contacting eBay is a bit harder than I thought as you have to select categories/etc.. and I not sure what selling fansubs would be under...

So many someone with more eBay experience can fill me in, thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    very doubtful this can be done. as it happens all over the place and happens a lot. i can relate to u in this area, but i'd just let it go if i were u. only ppl that can actually do something about this are the ppl who license the anime. if said anime is currently licensed u could report it to the ppl who have licensed it and they will see justice.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Why would you want to report someone selling a movie with subtitles included?

yo

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    [email protected] send to there they might help you it was address they used when i filed a complaint to answer me

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator View Post
    Dear Readers,

I was just curious.. is there anything we can do to 'report' a seller on eBay that is auctioning off let's say.. FanSubs? As they are 'illegal' as it is.. they are selling it without even the least giving credit, and making money off of the groups hard work... And I signed up for an account to report the user but apparently the way of contacting eBay is a bit harder than I thought as you have to select categories/etc.. and I not sure what selling fansubs would be under...

So many someone with more eBay experience can fill me in, thanks
    Do you have a link, if the auction is not finished already?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    DoN BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Ebay have stated that they will not do anything about people selling Copyrighted materials unless the owner of that material complains.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Again, why do you even want to report this?

yo

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Ebay have stated that they will not do anything about people selling Copyrighted materials unless the owner of that material complains.
    i was told the samething, when i reported some anime being sold on ebay that was for sure burned on discs that had obvious homemade covers but if you let the company know they sometiems direct you to the right people or e-mail address. for example funi nows checks ebay very often and reports them to ebay and then ebays finally deals with it.

as for why i would do this is i am a big fan to alot of anime, movies, music and such and deserve the creators deserve the money that is being made from their productions.

I do download files from the net before i buy it but i will buy it if it is good or if i already know it is good. if not i just delete.

my 2 cents

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Dahg's Avatar King of the BBQ
    I hate how damn difficult EBAY is to deal with ... their customer sevice is nothing but a bunch of canned scripts. I wouldNT be surprised if they are all bots! roughly 15 times to sell some stuff, each time I had to contact them I was left infuriated with their robotic responses.