Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 360 or ps3?

chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    I am a Sony fan and own a PS3 happily. However, if you want the best option TODAY, the 360 is definitely it. I hate to admit it, but Microsoft's head start shows. The XBL service is fantastic, the dashboard feature makes the media center capabilities better, and the games as of now not only look better but play better. Aside from Resistance, PS3 doesn't have any great exclusive games. Most of the ports from 360 look better on 360 since that is what they were meant for.

Ask me the same question in a year, and the answer will be PS3. You'll have serious titles like Warhawk, Assassin's Creed (I know not exclusive), MGS4, etc.

BUT, if you are a fan of Sony series like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid (Devil May Cry as well), and you know you can't or don't want to buy both systems, you should get the PS3 now and just wait for the games to come out. That's what I did.

And sorry, but Wii isn't what he asked about, so let's not start sippin' the Wii koolaid. IMHO, the Wii is overpriced for what it is intended to be (a new take of the current gen).

2. Games   -   #42
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    I just bought a 360 yesterday i was amazed by the graphics, especially gears of war, i havent played the ps3 yet so i cant tell but i cant see why anyone would want anything more than the 360, its brilliant.

and this is coming from a die hard ps/ps2 fan.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Games   -   #43
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by chip19 View Post
    Ask me the same question in a year, and the answer will be PS3. You'll have serious titles like Warhawk, Assassin's Creed (I know not exclusive), MGS4, etc.
    Those 2 games are the only games I see that justifys buying the PS3. Hardware wise the PS3 is very nice in that it has a Blue Ray player and built in wifi which explains the high price. Xbox 360 is gonna get most of Playstation's exclusives. Sony likes to mislead their consumers with CGI of most of all their games, although I'm not saying their games are bad, they just like to mislead.

4. Games   -   #44
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Wii.

5. Games   -   #45
    Double post.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 12-24-2006 at 12:14 PM.

6. Games   -   #46
    Triple post.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 12-24-2006 at 12:15 PM.

7. Games   -   #47
    Quadruple post. The board's fault, not mine...
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 12-24-2006 at 12:16 PM.

8. Games   -   #48
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    Wii.

true dat. sore arms is the only thing that can stop humans playing wii sports

9. Games   -   #49
    BBC's techy news has the Wii as the success story of 2006, I can't say I disagree.

10. Games   -   #50
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    As great as the Wii feels now, it's going to all come down to software. Zelda is sick shit, and Wii Sports is fun as anything out now. But, if the software publishers go the way of the Gamecube, it will get dull fast. I think the Wii will be a turning point for Nintendo (for the better), but you never really know. In a year we'll know a lot better how each of the consoles are doing. If 360 does more of the same, more power to it; if PS3 expands its game library and gets some system sellers like MGS4, then it may start gaining some market share again; and if the Wii has consistent good games, then it could be #1, who knows? But only time will tell....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast