Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Bother With Cams....

dude just go watch at the moviez sheesh i mean its not like its so expensive what its about 5-7$

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Poster
    yeah thats what i said

* i didnt know there was so many poor ppl in this world that cant afford to pay 8$ for a movie*

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    its not that expensive? ok lets calculate here just for fun. ok I am calculating here in canadian funds because I live in canada, but from what I've seen the prices are fairly the same in the states also(I've been to a cinema once or twice in the states) so to just get in it costs like $9 bucks mosts nights and we have cheap nights tuesdays and wednesdays, which is $7 so I will use cheap nights as an example to make my point. $7 then you want to buy popcorn depending on what size you take but lets go with a small=$3.25 and a small drink $2.25 which brings us to a total of $12.50 not including taxes. then just imagine you take a date which will double that (assuming your a gentlemen and pay for your date) or you take bigger sizes of stuff or you take more expensive food like tacos and cheese or candy! it can get expensive fast! so thats why I guess there is a great appeal to people who like to D/L movies off of kazaa. I mean... I remember when going to the cinema was cheap! now its expensive!

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Originally posted by be_man31@17 May 2003 - 09:01
    its not that expensive? ok lets calculate here just for fun. ok I am calculating here in canadain funds because I live in canada, but from what I've seen the prices are fairly the same in the states also(I've been to a cinema once or twice in the states) so to just get in it costs like $9 bucks mosts nights and we have cheap nights tuesdays and wednesdays, which is $7 so I will use cheap nights as an example to make my point. $7 then you want to buy popcorn depending on what size you take but lets go with a small=$3.25 and a small drink $2.25 which brings us to a total of $12 not including taxes. then just imagine you take a date which will double that (assuming your a gentlemen and pay for your date) or you take bigger sizes of stuff or you take more expensive food like tacos and cheese or candy! it can get expensive fast! so thats why I guess there is a great appeal to people who like to D/L movies off of kazaa. I mean... I remember when going to the cinema was cheap! now its expensive!
    I didn't relize they force you to buy food now. New thing or just in canada?

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    xspikex> I'm not saying we are forced to buy food, but why do you go to a cinema in the first place? surely not JUST for the big screen! you go for the popcorn+drinks or whatever! I can't imagine going to a cinema and sitting there without eating popcorn or whatever and sipping on a coke. they go hand in hand, like donuts and coffee, like toast and butter, like... well you get my point.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Actually, when I go to the theaters even if it's not on my money I usually don't get food/drinks. I guess I just feel like sittin there and watchin the movie :/

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Cam's ruin your viewing pleasure... they really do!

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by XSpikeX@17 May 2003 - 05:25
    Actually, when I go to the theaters even if it's not on my money I usually don't get food/drinks. I guess I just feel like sittin there and watchin the movie :/
    Most movies are not profitable for the theater. They have to pay crazy prices just to get the movie there for viewing. The things you buy at the concession stand keep things afloat. Each customer must buy $2.80 of consession stand items to create a profit for the theater. So if you don't buy any food, someone else will have to buy double. This is why there is such a big upsell when you buy your popcorn/soda. "How about a large for only 50 cents more, it comes with free refills." Part of the game.

Personally, I like the movie theater atmosphere, the smell of popcorn, big soda in hand, the big screen, etc.. I enjoy the entire package. Double the price of movies, and I'll still go. B)
    Proud member of MDS

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Originally posted by huuramis@16 May 2003 - 15:54
    i was just wondering how many of you even bother downloading cam version of movies ?.. ( especially TMD's ) i can get a movie the same size as tmd's and way better quality. but anways, I HAVE 56k, and i never downloading anything thats a cam, i only get the screeners and dvd rips...and ive noticed lotsa ppl with cable/adsl are downloading cams, why would u want to download a cam! if u download @ more then 10kb a sec why the hell would u wanna get a cam.. just wait for the screener, or just dont get it at all...

so how many of you cable/adsl ppl actually download cams ?
    How long do you download a 700 MB movie with 56k ? 2 weeks ? 2 mounths ?

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    $8 ....where do u live, to go to a decent theatre it costs $12 for a ticket $4 for a drink and $4 for popcorn, now if you bring a date .....that can add up to $40 for one movie and munchies!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123