Thread: Why Bother With Cams....

Poster
    edit : sorry double post....my bad...

So come, come now, get pissed on, shitted on
    Tough talk turns to, "Can't we all just get along"

-Royce Da 5'9''-

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    It depends on my mood, but I download some cams from time to time. Indeed the "screener" thing is misunderstood, and people have been spoiled in the past. In fact, I don't download DVD rips very often, since I buy/copy everything that I want on DVD. I'd say that I download more cams than anything else. Though there is much better quality out there than TMD. B)

I'm on cable, so file size isn't important. B)
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    deja vu

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    sonys handycams are great so stop crying u got 56k
    i got cable 600ks ha ha ha looser go and buy the dvd 6 months later !!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

thats inevitable !

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I have only ever downloaded one cam - X-Men 2, which I saw at the cinema anyway but just wanted a copy of it. In fact I haven't even watched it yet.

As for screeners being rare, I understand they don't always come about for a movie, but they're not exactly rare. I certainly have enough of them. If one's not available I'll usually wait for a DVD rip, which come earlier than the DVD would in the UK anyway.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I think he meant they will be more rare in the future. Less screeners are being made, as the industry is trying to combat piracy. In the music industry, they are releasing preview/advance copies on vinyl now, so that early copies are of poorer quality than the CD versions that come out as retail. B)
    Proud member of MDS

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    In the music industry, they are releasing preview/advance copies on vinyl now, so that early copies are of poorer quality than the CD versions that come out as retail.
    Yeah, I heard that too. I also heard about journalists being invited to listen to the CD at the record company instead of being sent a copy. Kinda sucks really.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Just look at it as a sport : who is the 1st and in what quality?
    Most are indeed awful to look at , so I wait for better releases.
    But to picture in your mind how they do it sneakily is fun.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    I have to agree with some and others, but my question is, why are cam versions coded so small 320x240? I know when someone copies from thier camcorder its bigger than 320x240 IM sure they can code it like at 520x320 or something like that. and I know some people have 56k but why should I and others suffer for poorer quality because some have 56k. why not code the resolution for every one 520x320 so at least we can enjoy the bloody movie. and I'm sure each and every one of you think that 320x240 is small. jezus I have a 14.1 inch monitor on my laptop and I find these cam versions are to hard to see and watch, let alone most people have at least 17" and up. and tmd IMO is the worst out there! but thats just my 2 cents worth.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Poster
    I agree with be_man. Y cant they make the cams just a bit better quality. We will then be able to enjy it and no one wuld be bugging for screeners since burning t vcd is good enough to watch on ur tv

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast