Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does F*N know??

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    It seems that F*N will warn/ban people trying to trade invites here. I am very curious how they would get us, even though we change our usernames. The only way I can think of is through our IP addy's. I am pretty sure only staff here has that information and hence does that mean a member of staff here is a member of staff there?? Now Im not trying to start problems I am only trying to figure out what happened and how. I love bot F*N and FST so I don't want any problems with either of your sites. Does anyone have an idea how they find out who we are?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i think they are here as members, using different usernames.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    THey could check your topic for trading offer, see you're offering invite to f**
    then they wait "Trusted traders list" to be updated, Detale +1
    after that they check the new members if the nick names match, check who invited that person and boom, they're both gone.
    My logical theory.
    That's why I don't like to be on that list.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Big Brother is always watching you

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    But the thing is he never sent out any invites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    THey could check your topic for trading offer, see you're offering invite to f**
    then they wait "Trusted traders list" to be updated, Detale +1
    after that they check the new members if the nick names match, check who invited that person and boom, they're both gone.
    My logical theory.
    That's why I don't like to be on that list.
    yea, that might be if the nicks are the same, but Detale said if they are not the same, how do they know...?

has to be staff here or maby something a bit illegal (somehow they get people ipīs)

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    just need to watch your back when inviting people because.......... you could loose your invites and account, computer, your dog....wife and kids, house, car, blah blah blah

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    They can always find your mail if they pretend they're members.
    Remember that!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    they know your email and your ip and your username. so they match up some of em and hey presto

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    You also have to remember that there isn't a huge amount of invite and sign-up traffic on some of these sites. If only 1 invite happens every one or two hours they can easily see the time when someone did the trade here and then check their own logs to see who sent out the invite and who used it to sign up within that same time period. They would obviously have a harder name if say 3 or 4 people signed up within a small time frame but I doubt they have that many people signing up at once. Makes it much easier to pinpoint the users.

I know that when I make a trade here I sign up in under 5 minutes, I'm sure most people do the same.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast