Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nvidia Drivers

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Again, how are they "way better"?
    Maybe made for specific cards, better architecture/code er something. I kinda wanna try'em, but I dunno too risky. Someone else do it and report back.

Edit: you know, my card came with 77.77 drivers, I updated to 84. w/e and I got blue screens of death. I tend to stick with the original drivers...
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 12-19-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Again, how are they "way better"?
    for one ngo created more stablility for games that nvidia didnt think was important enough to fix and some of the newer games that nvidia said they fixed but actually wasnt ngo optimized and they took out all the garbage that nvidia added and left the important part. that is how.

@ nails: i was a manufacturing engineer
    Last edited by Skillz808; 12-19-2006 at 09:18 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillz808 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    I was told from Dell tech...
    LOL i worked for dell for awhile, most of the employees there or techs i should say are very horrible.

I mean Horrible.

I owuld tell some stories but to lazy to type it all out.

NGO drivers are customized Nvidia drivers that (to me and a few other friends i know that use them) work way better then the original nvidia drivers.

Here is a link to the nvidia section of Ngo http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=F...&dwn_cat_id=10
    I usually use ones from here for Nvidia. Their ATi-drivers aren't all that great, tho'. Does the NGO-people make good ones for Radeons?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillz808 View Post

LOL i worked for dell for awhile, most of the employees there or techs i should say are very horrible.

I mean Horrible.

I owuld tell some stories but to lazy to type it all out.

NGO drivers are customized Nvidia drivers that (to me and a few other friends i know that use them) work way better then the original nvidia drivers.

Here is a link to the nvidia section of Ngo http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=F...&dwn_cat_id=10
    I usually use ones from here for Nvidia. Their ATi-drivers aren't all that great, tho'. Does the NGO-people make good ones for Radeons?
    I have havent owned a ati card for years now, so i wouldnt know but they do have a forums thier you can check what other users say about thier ati drivers.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Kk, I'll check it out then, thanks anyways. I'm to sort out someone's 'puter during the holidays, figured I'd get him some better-'n'-standard drivers as a bonus, like.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Kk, I'll check it out then, thanks anyways. I'm to sort out someone's 'puter during the holidays, figured I'd get him some better-'n'-standard drivers as a bonus, like.
    oh btw i know omega makes some good ati well when i had ati but a friend of mine currently said he uses omega drivers for ati and they are stable for most of the newer games. google omega ati drivers

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    I know about those, didn't seem all that great when I tried them last tbh.

Thanks tho'.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Thanks tho'.

I did n't notice a big difference either with the Omega drivers but I'm not a big gamer , just nice to know there are other options .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29

Thanks tho'.
    Yea since i dont use them i dont know but good to know now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123