Thread: Wii hacked to run backup discs? Maybe.

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    If you've got a hefty hankering for a totally unverifiable Wii hack on video, complete with a horrible soundtrack and shaky-cam cinematography, then boy do we have a present for you. YouTube's finest, a certain pimmysays, has uploaded just such a video, and is making the notable claim of hacking the Wii to run game backups. Just like the rest of these fools do, pimmy's video quality is horrible, and there could easily be a cut at 1:16 -- or just about anywhere else, for that matter -- where pimmy could've stopped the camera and swapped in an actual Zelda disc instead of that burned DVD the video shows being loaded at the first. Luckily, we won't have to wait too terribly long to find out: pimmy is promising "something special" on New Years, implying an unveil of the hack for all to see. We're not holding our breath. Peep the video after the break.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/18/w...p-discs-maybe/

2. Games   -   #2
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    If this is legit i cant wait but im not convinced yet because i have seen many videos about this looks crazy but i also saw videos of stumping some peoples ways of "hacking" the wii.

3. Games   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Hmm, it's hard to tell when the 'hacker' hasn't released anything, although it may be true.

4. Games   -   #4
    it could be true indeed, wouldn't hold my breath though. hopefully it will be possible to run homebrew sooner or later, that'd be fun

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Yep, I agree with you guys. The proof is in the pudding as they say, and no one's served up dessert quite just yet.

6. Games   -   #6
    Very, very dodgy to me.

7. Games   -   #7
    lol, it wont work

trust me, even if it does, you wont be able to update your wii because the wii will find out
    The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

8. Games   -   #8
    Tk2011's Avatar jungle love BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    gamecube was a b*tch to hack. let's wait and see what wii as to offer.