Thread: Utorrent using t-mobile hotspot

navig8r's Avatar Torrent Jedi BT Rep: +2
    Does anyone know how to get connectable with uTorrent using t-mobile hotspot....my downloads seem to be uhhhh well ok I guess but upload is like 5Kbs max....and I always get red exclamation mark saying that it is firewalled.....any help would really be appreciated....oh yeah when I use my WiFi at home a get normal speeds, so I am assuming it has something to do with Hotspot firewall.

Thanks
    Nav

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    You can't. You are behind a connection sharing system (NAT) that you have no control over.
    Last edited by zaphodiv; 12-22-2006 at 11:55 AM.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    well that just sucks, look slike I am going to have to cancel Hotspot then, no point, I wanted to use it for SEEDING, as my speed at home sucks

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    maybe you should consider buying access to a seedbox (a special server to seed torrents).

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    svergie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    No Idea Sorry
    Never Give Up...
    Try _Until_U_Succeed

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by navig8r View Post
    well that just sucks, look slike I am going to have to cancel Hotspot then, no point, I wanted to use it for SEEDING, as my speed at home sucks
    Did you plan to sit outside Starbucks, sipping Coffee and upping fastly? A seed box is a good idea if you have a bad upload and are file-hungry

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    LOL no I was not going to sit outside starbucks, I hate starbucks and don't drink coffee, I happen to work at TMO, and have a hotspot account, my downloads are fine great speed it's just the upload the SUCKS, where would i get this seedbox thing??

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    google on it... i never used it, but it is quite popular, you should find something easily.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    thanks i will check

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by navig8r View Post
    LOL no I was not going to sit outside starbucks, I hate starbucks and don't drink coffee, I happen to work at TMO, and have a hotspot account, my downloads are fine great speed it's just the upload the SUCKS, where would i get this seedbox thing??
    i work for t-mobile and if ur using there internet for filesharing your going to get busted! it already happened to my ex-manager! thats why im the manager now