Thread: torrent that stop at 99%

snowultra's Avatar Member
    help, i have 2 torrents that stopped at 99%----how can i get them?

should i just delete them or what.....how do i tell if there bad from the beginning.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well to be honest, there is pretty much only one way to get a bad torrent, and that is from a public torrent site. Private trackers prune bad torrents. Even so the file could be corrupted, and the torrent isn't necessarily "bad" rather the content would be corrupt.

99% could mean a couple of things. You could be waiting for a peer with the last 1%, as others may be at 99% as well. You could also have a defective version of your client. Google your application name + 99% and it could shed some light.

It could be a tracker error. It could also be that all seeds and peers have dropped off the torrent except for yourself.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    ok thanks

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    a torrent stopping at 99% in most cases is when you have altered the name on deleted some type of data from the torrent. a txt message is a good example...."you have dloaded this torrent from devilnoid...blah blah blay...although you have completely downloaded the copy your torrent is showing incomplete. all you have to do is go back to the site redownload the torrent...and open it in the directory you saved the file in. it will redownload what you deleted or some how lost.(the other 1%) also you might have to close and restart the client your using.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Might just be missing the thumbs file.
    Try unraring it as is perhaps...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ngs_raider's Avatar 1337 !z 73|-| Pwn@g3 BT Rep: +1
    If your file isn't a RaR and it's just like 1 .avi file for example, you can delete the incomplete extension that the bittorrent client adds to the file. Usually 99% is enough for the file to be open and shown.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Curlz31's Avatar UN > BT
    I've heard rumors that these '99% torrents' are sometimes planted by MPAA and similar organizations. Possibly so that people keep the torrents running, giving these organizations time to track leechers. The above explanations seem more likely though.