Thread: Any Writers Here?

Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Anyone here write novels/poems/comics etc?

I've been slowly working on several small novels and storylines for 8 or so years, never had anything published though, as I’ve never managed to finish anything.

Now I have time though - I'm hoping to get a fairly major storyline finished along with character development sometime this / next month and then finish working on it over the summer / autumn

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    When I was in my late teens I did attempt to write a book. I wrote about 2 chapters but gave up them. I did it all wrong, didn't do enough research etc.

Luca_Snipes, you got any examples you could show us?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    I havn't got any samples online at the moment - but in the next couple of days some of my work will be placed on my website at www.mikeleadley.co.uk

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BANNED
    im currently working on a few sripts myself hard to think of ideas

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I write poems every now and then, and I write my own lyrics....
    I also attempted several times to start on a book, but it always ended up in a shortstory, mainly because of the lack of time.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    I started off with poetry, combined it with music and got into songwriting, and in the last couple of years, I'v also started three novels and two screenplays. I have quite a few finished pieces of poetry (unpublished except for two that were published in poetry quarterly's when I was younger), over 300 finished songs (words and music - many have been and are currently being recorded and should be released shortly), a number of short stories, and am currently continuing work on two of the novels and both screenplays when I can find the time.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yep. I wear the all too common "unpublished" upon my cap, which sucks , but I enjoy writing songs-poetry-short stories-comedy skits.
    As far as novels go, only outlines and ideas.
    Which means, basically, squat.

Anyone have tips for publishers willing to roll the dice on first books? B)
    Books on poetry, which are not "self-financed"?

I wish you loads of persistence and a knack for the right thing to say to publishers.

Any specific questions, or are you just trying to estimate the number of writers logging on to this site? B)

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I wrote a couple of short stories and poems which I've had published in a couple of different places (newspapers, magazines etc...)

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I am a writer myself, have been so for about 13 years now, never had a bloody thing published
    I think because of where I live in the world, and I can not afford a publisher/editor/agent.

Anyone is interested? I write graphic horror fiction and fantasy mainly, but I have been
    known to dwell into other territories also.

Cheers all,
    Scott

X