Thread: OK, Got Ares and it works great 'cept for a small problem?

.....After using Kazaa Light for ever, I found that it is finally debunkt. Taking the advice from this forum I checked out Ares. I really like it. However, once I open up a search I get that little balloon stating " an internet cable is unplugged". This is on a pc I use all day with out ever getting this message for the last few years. Could this possibly be a setting? Oh, also it cuts off the connection for my two other pc's connected to the same hub.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Spode.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Sorry I Can't help I have used Ares for 2 years now and its great and you will love it. (Kazaa lookalike and workalik but far more elegant and bug free.

I have never seen this message ! its obviously something to do with your network set up. (there is an Ares forum which may be able to help you)

Regards

Digby

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIODEBOY View Post
    .....After using Kazaa Light for ever, I found that it is finally debunkt. Taking the advice from this forum I checked out Ares. I really like it. However, once I open up a search I get that little balloon stating " an internet cable is unplugged". This is on a pc I use all day with out ever getting this message for the last few years. Could this possibly be a setting? Oh, also it cuts off the connection for my two other pc's connected to the same hub.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Spode.
    My guess is that the router dies/freezes because of the amount of connections that Ares uses.

If so, the same thing should happen if you try Ares at another computer that is connected to the router.

You might find a firmware update for the router that fixes the problem.