3.02OE-A can only be installed in a full install
Creating the DXAR file
- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME/ if you are using 1.50 firmware and to
/PSP/GAME150 if you are using whatever version of 2.71 Se.
- Get the 1.50 and 3.02 sony updaters in the oeupdmaker folder with the names "150.PBP" and "302.PBP".
- Run the program. This program won't write to the flash, it will just create a file called DATA.DXAR in the
same directory (oeupdmaker).
- The program will verify that the SHA-1 of the generated file is correct.
- Once that you have done this, you can save the DATA.DXAR file to skip this step in the future.
SHA1 of DXAR: BB43B06852826F446CCA93392 7C3D54C50E151B1
MD5 of DXAR: 5BD5DE55204BB8A407C0187C3 DA1040C
Flashing 3.02 OE
- Copy the directories oeflasher and oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (or /PSP/GAME150 if you are on 2.71 SE)
- Copy the generated DATA.DXAR file at oeflasher directory.
- Run the flasher. If your battery is less than 75%, the program will show the error saying that
and will return to the XMB.
At petition of someone with battery problems, now this check can be by passed at your own risk;
Execute the program with triangle and L pressed.
- The program will continue showing an agreement. Press X to accept
it and flash the custom firm, or R to cancel and exit to the XMB.
- If you accept, the program will flash the custom firmware. DONT shutdown the psp and DON'T
quit the memory stick.
- After finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually... to 3.02 OE
- OE runs all homebrew from the /PSP/GAME302 folder using the 3.02 kernel.
Homebrew here have to be NOT kxploited.
- To run applications with the 1.50 kernel, and have about 99% compatibility with current homebrew,
put those applications in the /PSP/GAME150 folder.
Homebrew here can be either kxploited or not.
Now the standard folder, /PSP/GAME can be configured in the recovery menu to either execute 1.50
homebrew or 3.02 one. (by default is set at 3.02)
- Native UMD emulation is now in the custom firmware. ISOS are shown under memory stick games.
Currently ISO and CSO are implemented, for technical reasons DAX is not implemented yet, but may
be done in the future. At the moment they require an umd to be inserted in order to be played, although
they show in the xmb without an umd.
Note that whenever you do an update to the ISO folder (add, delete, change files, first OE-A execution),
a little delay will ocurr when entering in memory stick games. While the ISO folder is not changed, this won't
Using recovery menu
- To enter in recovery menu, press R when power on the psp.
The recovery mode lets to set options, and it lets to recover potential bricks, as soon as
the 1.50 bootstrap is intact.
- Toggle USB: It will enable/diable USB mass storage.
- Configuration. All setings are set to disabled by default.
* Skip SCE logo. If you enable this, you won't see that beautiful, (but sometimes annoying)
Sony Computer Entertainment logo when power on the psp (and in this way you also disable the autorun of
* Hide corrupt icons. It will hide corrupt icons. Note that currently not all corrupt icons
are hidden but most of them. This setting can SLOW down the access to game menu if you have too many items.
This will be improved in the future, however the best way to hide corrupt icons is always to convert your kxploited
applications to a standard single PBP.
* Game folder homebrew. It will let you choose with which kernel, 1.50 or 3.02,
programs at /PSP/GAME will be executed.
* Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP. When enabled, it will run that program at startup.
Notice, that that program runs always in 1.50 kernel.
* Fake region. Allows you to set the psp kernel region to either Japan, USA, Europe or Korea
* Free UMD Region. Sets the UMD region to region free.
- Loading plugins from the ms.
Plugins from the ms are loaded from the folder ms0:/seplugins
You need to write two text files inside that folder: game.txt and vsh.txt
These files have a module path in each line to load with umd games/homebrew and with the vsh
respectively. A maximum of 5 modules is allowed in each one.
Example, content of a game.txt or vsh.txt
Once the files game.txt and vsh.txt are created, you can enable/disable each plugin in the recovery menu.
Note that if you have too many modules loading, the xmb or the game may not start because of lack of memory.
A usbhostfs plugin for SE is planed in the near future.
Note for developers:
All ms plugins are loaded after mediasync.prx is loaded but before mediasync.prx is started.
mediasync.prx is the first module to be loaded in the last phase of 3.02 firmware rebooting.
At that moment all io drivers are accesible.
- Advanced. This setting shouldn't be touched by most users, since they are mainly for debugging purposes.
It lets to flash some NOT critical files to the flash from the directory ms0:/reflash.
- Advanced configuration (inside Advaned).
* Plain modules in UMD/ISO. By default it is disabled, because it was found that the patch to run
plain modules gave compatibility problems with some umd games. (error 0x8002012D).
You can always enable it if interested in running unsigned code in an iso.
* Execute boot.bin in UMD/ISO. If enabled, it will run BOOT.BIN instead of EBOOT.BIN. This option
has no sense if the plain modules one is not enabled.
- Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP. This is what currently enables to recover a
semi-bricked psp (e.g. the vsh doesn't show, but you can reach the recovery mode).
Despite being in the game folder, that program will be executed in 1.50 kernel, so if even 3.02
kernel is destroyed, that program can be run.
- Registry hacks. This setting allow you to enable some features in the firmware
* Button assign. Allows you to swap between O and X to validate
* Activate WMA. Allows you to activate WMA without a WLAN connection.
* Activate Flash Player. Allows you to activate Flash Player without a WLAN connection.
- About the speed change...
It has not been implemented in SE yet because it was causing weirds problems at the moment in which
the speed change was done. Probably it will be implemented in the future on other way...
At the momento you can use one of those plugins that before were installed on flash and that now
can be installed in the ms.
Because official SCE updaters don't work in that 1.50 kernel environment (because they need some vsh files
not available), i've included with this package a flasher that lets to flash any official update from
1.50-2.71 to your psp.
To use it, copy the files inside inside "flasher for recovery/RECOVERY" in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/
and the official SCE updater renamed as UPDATE.PBP in the same directory, and run the program
through the recovery option.
Another alternative for recovery is to reflash the own 3.02 OE-A.
To do this, copy the EBOOT.PBP of oeflasher to /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP along with the
DATA.DXAR file, and run it through recovery.
- Devhook for 1.50 can be run on GAME150 or GAME depending on the folder you set.
- In devhook for 1.50 you cannot use the option of 1.50 flash if you are gonna reboot to XMB.
- When using devhook 0.46 or higher, DO NOT use the options for flashing things.
- Most of 1.50 homebrew work. There maybe some exceptions of few programs that interfere with
the reboot system of SE. These programs can be umdemulatorand daxziso, although i have not
tested them. They may not work at all or work in certain modes (direct load methods probably).
Programs that hacks the flash like xflash, pspset, sxt version changer, etc are not
recommended to be used here.
- Irshell shows as corrupted... this is an issue in 2.XX+ vsh's. They don't like irshell sfo
The solution to make it show (and work) is to apply the solution given by frmariam originally
for epsilon bios: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=29639
- It seems that original umdemulator also shows as corrupted.
Try changing the sfo and maybe also the icon to fix that.
- Since 1.50 kernel gets patched, it can support things that a normal 1.50 cannot do, such as loadexecuting
prx's, loading modules, signed or not, from ms and flash in user mode without previous patches,
loading real pbp's, etc
- Note with wifi: 1.50 kernel doesn't understand WPA. So if you have a connection with WPA, you cannot
magically use it in a 1.50 application. Use WEP or not protection, or wait to wifi applications to
be ported to 3.02 kernel.
3.02 OE limitations against 2.71 SE
* No-umd mode seems to be less compatible
* 3.02 kernel homebrew: elf's are not still supported (no real problem, you can just run them in 1.50
* 3.02 kernel homebrew: due to a restriction added in 2.80, kernel prx's cannot have user syscalls anymore.
This is what makes psplink for 2.71 and irshell for 2.71 not to work in 3.02 kernel, althout they
can be easily ported by their authors.
* Because of necessity of flash0 space, the location free player and korean font has been removed.
Known problems, remarks, etc
- "I tried, for some reason, to run a sce updater and it gives me a weird "DADADADA" error.
Running a sce updater can be dangerous, and because of that is disabled, and it will give you that
custom error code of mine.
- "I receive a weird error "98765432" when setting the language to Korean, Chinese traditional or
Chinese simplified". This is done on purpose, setting the language to those 3, which don't exist in 1.50,
can be dangerous for the 1.50 bootstrap, and therefore, they are disabled.
- The game menu says that "There is no games". Probably you renamed your game folder to game150, but you didn't
create a new game folder. Even if you don't plan to use 3.02 homebrew, the folder GAME must exist, even if
if it is empty.
- Core and flasher coding: Dark_AleX
- Recovery menu coding and region codes researching: harleyg
- Beta testing: Mathieulh
A lot of thanks to all PS3 beta testers for testing the PSX backup things!!