Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nero Burning Rom Vs Alcohol 120%

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    what are u guys' opinions on these progs? i was using nero 7.5.9.0 lite and got rid of it. went back to nero 6 something can't remember right now.. at work. nero 7 worked well with data files when burning, but when making a music cd it made the the songs in a fucked up order. like the last song is now the first song. i could had corrected this by simply moving that song to the end be4 i burnt it, but that is something i shouldn't have to do so i got rid of it. now, i have this alcohol business, but have yet to try it. is it any better than nero? why? one burns faster? also, can u have both installed without conflict?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its always comes back to choice ,I like Nero but also use Power ISO for obvious reasons . You can use as many as you want it, might just come down to options that you missed .

I like Nero's StartSmart as anyone in the family can burn their music to no complaints . So thats what I use but I could use the Win XP built in one in a pinch too . Just try a few different programs many have a trial period to test .

Hey its been said many times my friend ,what media are you using ,the cheap stuff or the name brand ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-23-2006 at 03:17 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    it doesn't cum down to the media i'm using. it's about the prog 4 nero 6 workz just fine. nero 7 worked fine, but did something i didn't like so i went back to 6. just to throw it in here i use memorex everything. just like i just said... it workz just fine and i won't be changing it. the prog is what i have a problem with. well, i guess i'll install alcohol and try it out and see wtf. i've just heard alcohol can be a pain in the ass to install/crack sometimes and my nero is easy as cake. i like it like that, but i guess i should venture out and test the waters w/new software. i just wanted some input on what alcohol had to offer over nero is all. didn't know if it had anything special over nero that i should be aware of.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    No problem I understand what you mean , I tried Roxio but did n't care for it I'v had many problems with Nero as well . I just run a regcleaner after a new install seems to correct most of my problems . Wish I new why the older versions of Nero seem more stable , I'd be a rich Beta tester . I'm using 7.2.3.2 and quite like it .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I'm using 7.2.3.2 and quite like it .
    can u confirm the burning of cd's problem with that version and it puts the last song first? or just something other than what the songs are labeled? also, is that version 100mb+ or something? that's why i picked nero 7 lite. it's only like 25mb and it has everything i need. otherwise nero 7 is bloatware.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    what are u guys' opinions on these progs? i was using nero 7.5.9.0 lite and got rid of it. went back to nero 6 something can't remember right now.. at work. nero 7 worked well with data files when burning, but when making a music cd it made the the songs in a fucked up order. like the last song is now the first song. i could had corrected this by simply moving that song to the end be4 i burnt it, but that is something i shouldn't have to do so i got rid of it. now, i have this alcohol business, but have yet to try it. is it any better than nero? why? one burns faster? also, can u have both installed without conflict?
    I had the same problem with the audio get f**ked up when buring with nero 7 but i noticed that some of the checkboxes were ticked on default as in nero 6 they werent for audio track list, i think it was called after that i never had any more issues with nero 7. as for alcohol i never really used it except to make some images lol. it worked great for that.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    @mr. nails: I am using nero micro 7.5.9.0 and don't have the same problem.

You have to make an adjustment in order that the songs appear according the filename.

Nero burning rom>options>audio>options>Artist/Title Information Source
    and then choose the option: "Always from the file name"

I have attached a screenshot to guide you

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sert View Post

You have to make an adjustment in order that the songs appear according the filename.

awesome! thank u! seems kinda retarded that u have to do that. the prog should be smart enough to do it on it's own. when u have time patch that 4 me and all will be good. lol. thx.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sert View Post

i never did try this, but kept it so if i needed to use it down the line i would have it. anyway, i used nero 7 today and it still does that problem where it puts the last song first. how to fix this? ur explanation did not help (work).
    Alamo Drafthouse!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thanks for info......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast