Thread: Azureus problem..Do I have something wrong in the settings?

Poster BT Rep: +4
    I just saw this problem last night. I uploaded a torrent to a site and immediately had a leecher. The file was cruising along and after maybe 80mb up the leecher just dropped off.

I checked later and it said I had 5 leechers, but nothing was uploading. I just happened to try "updating the tracker" and immediately when I did that it showed I had 5 leechers and my upload speed was max out like it should be. But after about 10 seconds all 5 of the leechers fell of and my upload dropped back to 0, and it showed 0 people downloading.

I updated the tracker several times with the same exact behavior. Everytime I would update it it would connect to those leechers, but after a few seconds it was like the connection was lost or something.

Then this morning I am experienceing the same behavior with a different torrent at a different site. If I dont update the tracker every few seconds no one can d'l it.

I dont upload alot of torrents, meaning new stuff that I add myself. But I have down enough to know something is wrong. Ive never seen this before on any that Ive uploaded.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I have to bump this, I HOPE someone has an answer. Its still doing this. Im currently d'ling something and up upload is 0. If I "update the tracker" my upload speed jumps to 120Kb, but then slowly trickles down and stops.

What is causing this???

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    hmm. the only thing i can say is limit your upload speed to 80% of the max if you havent already.

A possible problem could be that your connecting to the peers, but then you dont have any bandwidth left for you to communicate with them.

When you send info it kinda works like this
    You send packet -> they recieve it -> They send back a recieved command (i forgot what its called) -> you send more

If you cant get the recieved command then you assume he hasnt gotten it and you dont send any more.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    But this has never been a problem prior to 2 days ago when I made the first post. I would download and upload at the same time at max speed for both. I really dont understand whats going on. May just delete azureus and re-install it?? This is really bizarre. And its not good for my ratios either because Im not sharing back what Im d'ling.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    if you keep updating like that, you're most likely going to get banned for hammering the tracker. does it do this on every torrent, or only certain ones?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    if you keep updating like that, you're most likely going to get banned for hammering the tracker. does it do this on every torrent, or only certain ones?
    IDK for sure if its all or just certain ones. I havent had alot of upload in the last few days, but that may be just because the other torrents I have arent getting alot of people downloading because theyve been out for a while.

But for sure the newest ones Ive gotten, then the one I upped myself it exhibiting this behavior.

oh, and I havent been sitting here updating the tracker like mad, only a few times.
    Last edited by superman1496; 12-26-2006 at 09:10 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    bit comet the best