Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Ram, Timming haven't changed.

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I wasn't aware that you were supposed to have the ram sticks in this configuration http://www.guru3d.com/admin/imageview.php?image=5080 In order to have them running in dual channel. The ram this comp came with was side by side, my particular board runs dual channel like that.
    Last edited by S!X; 12-30-2006 at 05:05 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    yeah, i believe it's slot 1,3 for performance and 2,4 for stability. maybe i'm wrong, but yeah i've also heard of mb's running like urs is also which i don't understand. i guess it's just the mb's way and shoulda been specified in the mb owner's manual.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    The slots used for dual-channel vary depending on the board.

I've never heard anything about different slots for performance or stability though. That would require different timings depending on the slot used which would screw things up if you used all 4 slots.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

I've never heard anything about different slots for performance or stability though.
    The DFI Lanparty series of boards can be very sensitive to DIMM pairs- so much so that on the forums it's common to list not only the specs of the RAM but also the slot pair (yellow/orange) used.
    I think this is more of a POST issue as the pair used will vary depending on the brand of memory. I believe most of these issues were fixed via BIOS updates- have you explored that possibility?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123