Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wii or 360?

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by saunderez View Post
    I've got both a Wii and a 360, and after the intial excitement of Twilight Princess died down (basically as soon as I finished it) it hasn't really been played since, except for some Cube titles I've always wanted to play.

My 360 on the other hand gets almost daily play, and seeing the lineup for the next few months, the poor Wii doesn't look like its going to get a whole lot of play for the time being.

P.S. Bring Trauma Center to Australia goddammit!!!
    Its got a European date now so you can just import it through DVDcrave because Australian wii's play PAL UK releases.

2. Games   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerystalksme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

Celery sounds like a fanboy though.

I mean he cited the Virtual Console as a reason to get a Wii.

They are just old emulated games that you've probably played on the PC.

While Zelda is great, the other games (so far) wear off unless you're in a party situation.

If you wanna check out another 360 game get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. It comes out on the 12th in the States.
    How the f**k am i a fanboy?

I had an xbox before a gamecube last generation and before that generation i didnt own a console because i was a PC gamer. I am only stating my love for the console i own which is the reason i got one. Just because someone disagree's with you doesn't mean they are a fanboy ffs.

I was just playing Madden 07 then on the Wii and even though they are just above gamecube graphics (the whole gameplay over graphics situation will no doubt arise) its really fun and gives a lot more satisfaction when you make a big hit or throw a hail mary because you are actually making the motions.

The 360 and Wii are totally different machines, which is why so many people have both a 360 and a Wii (PS3 hasn't launched in Oz yet, so i cant really talk about it). I have nothing but praise for microsoft, especially in this generation because they took the gamble and so far it has payed off for them, not to mention the live service is second to none.
    Calm yourself.

I only said that because of your remarks regarding the Virtual Console (it's just an emulator downloader) and the stuff about never getting illegal games for it.

I also take it you haven't the Wii for awhile yet.

I've played it for awhile and like it but the initial craze for it has worn off.

Also on the games front, Nintendo just doesn't put out enough good games in comparison with the competition. To make it worse, the only thing they can trumpet on the multiplatform front is the same game with worse graphics and Wiimotorized (like your Madden example).

It's not a system that is geared for the single player but immensely for 2 or more. In fact, in almost all cases, it is the system of choice for parties if I cut on a console.

At 10:20pm however, I don't wanna jump around to play Wii Sports or Madden. I wanna lay back with my controller and play some Lost Planet.

Dance pads were fun too but not most of the time.

I call you a fanboy cuz you subscribe to the culture of the console.

There are many Sonynites and Maddenites out there too. They won't buy another system besides a Playstation and wouldn't give another football game a chance besides Madden (which is kinda moot cuz of EA).

3. Games   -   #23
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thats why i either put on my original xbox or play virtual consoles games when i want a break from swinging my arms around. As i said Nintendo aren't in direct competition with Sony And Microsoft and they are more than happy being alongside the 360 or PS3. I also said i never have had an illegal copy of an Xbox game and i most probally never will.

I have had my wii since December 7th when it launched in Australia and considering i have work and spent christmas back with my family i havent had as much time to play the Wii as many people have which is most probably why im still enjoying the console. I love nothing more than coming home at 10pm after a sh*t night at work and play a hundred games of Tennis or put 2 or 3 hours into Zelda...but that is just me.

Also for the record i supported ESPN 2K2, 2K3, 2K4 & 2K5 on the Xbox and i only hired out Madden to see how the controls worked out. 2K5 NFL is in my top 10 games of all time, it was the perfect mix of everything in a NFL game.

Also you talk about the competition...PS3 launched with half the titles and the 360 launch lineup was second rate...Its taken the 360 over a year to start making consistantly great titles...then you look what is coming out for the Wii in the next year and it does not seem so bad. It seems so easy to judge between consoles when one of them has already been out for a year.

4. Games   -   #24
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerystalksme View Post
    Thats why i either put on my original xbox or play virtual consoles games when i want a break from swinging my arms around. As i said Nintendo aren't in direct competition with Sony And Microsoft and they are more than happy being alongside the 360 or PS3. I also said i never have had an illegal copy of an Xbox game and i most probally never will.

I have had my wii since December 7th when it launched in Australia and considering i have work and spent christmas back with my family i havent had as much time to play the Wii as many people have which is most probably why im still enjoying the console. I love nothing more than coming home at 10pm after a sh*t night at work and play a hundred games of Tennis or put 2 or 3 hours into Zelda...but that is just me.

Also for the record i supported ESPN 2K2, 2K3, 2K4 & 2K5 on the Xbox and i only hired out Madden to see how the controls worked out. 2K5 NFL is in my top 10 games of all time, it was the perfect mix of everything in a NFL game.

Also you talk about the competition...PS3 launched with half the titles and the 360 launch lineup was second rate...Its taken the 360 over a year to start making consistantly great titles...then you look what is coming out for the Wii in the next year and it does not seem so bad. It seems so easy to judge between consoles when one of them has already been out for a year.
    Not really.

The Gamecube's lineup sucked and it still does when compared with M$'s and Sony's at the time.

I have no doubt that the PS3 will be quite noice on the software front.

The Wii is another story. Nintendo will have the rehashes of older tried and true titles but that'll be about it. If a person has another system like a PS3 or 360, and because it's inferior graphically, that person wouldn't buy say a Splinter Double Agent game cuz it'll look shit in comparison.

The only that's a pisser is that when I play a game like Twilight Princess, it doesn't make me say the Wii is a great system. I'm stuck with it since it's exclusive for it and to me it's just a Gamecube title.

I can't get to mad though since Nintendo didn't gouge on the price like M$ and Sony are doing with their games.

Zelda cost me $40.

5. Games   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Wii if you're poor, 360(or ps3) if you're a rich kid.

6. Games   -   #26
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well the last console I've ever gotten was a Nintendo 64 and that system was awesome with golden eye, mario kart and super smash brothers. However, I've always been a PC fan and Vowed myself never to buy a console ever again.

Once the Wii came out, I was curious as to how the games worked out for it. I bought it and now I am extremely happy with it. The playing is very different and its like you're in the game (Lol yeah.. it sounds cheesy) I'm obssessed with Wii sports because you're swinging your shit around and owning everything.

7. Games   -   #27
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunyq View Post
    Actually...

Choose Wii if you constantly play games with a group of friends, go to college, or are a little kid. Choose Xbox 360 and PS3 if you have a job and want more mature (mostly) games and a more relaxed gaming experience.

I can't see myself playing a Nintendo Wii alone, it just seems strange.

8. Games   -   #28
    i think 360 is better, it have some more games to play

9. Games   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunyq View Post
    Actually...

Choose Wii if you constantly play games with a group of friends, go to college, or are a little kid. Choose Xbox 360 and PS3 if you have a job and want more mature (mostly) games and a more relaxed gaming experience.

I can't see myself playing a Nintendo Wii alone, it just seems strange.
    lol @ u

nintendo wii is fo everyone
    The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

10. Games   -   #30
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by BrolyBoo View Post
    lol @ u

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123