Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: lossless music tracker

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    He's referring to their draconian anti-overseeding rules

If you seed past (3.0 I think? I forget) on a torrent, you can be warned and have wait time restrictions added to new downloads. Eventually, you may be banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post

If you seed past (3.0 I think? I forget) on a torrent, you can be warned and have wait time restrictions added to new downloads. Eventually, you may be banned.
    Does this also count for uploaders and their own uploads? I've never heard about this before from anyone else (well I heard they have systems in place to make sure you'd have to be an absolute retard to lose your account once/if you get in), so I'm asking you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    It does not apply to your own uploads.
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

That only applies to new torrents(48hrs or less), right? I could be wrong though, I just wiped my inbox there along with that message stating the new overseeding rules. I personally think this is one of the better rules a tracker can have. Nobody likes to struggle to maintain a positive ratio because of the seedbox/ratio whores that plague trackers...

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    I'm of the opinion that putting such artificial constraints on the ratio system destroys the entire system, and you might as well go ratioless if you want to go down that route.

Plus while you think this is a fight against seedboxers, I see it as a collective ego boost to the uploaders. This was reinforced by thread on one of the lossless sites where they had the audacity to call down a moderator in public for "Overseeding" on one of their torrents, when he wasn't even a habitual offender.

Rules against overseeding are an artificial quick fix to the problems with the ratio system, which are better fixed by other means. Besides, the Overseeding rules there were implemented to placate the grumbling masses after that whole banning mess months ago, they were always a half assed fix to a problem the staff had no inclination to solve, especially noted since they place the onus on the uploader to report the "crime" rather than coding a simple tracker check. Rather than fixing any perceived problems, it simply puts power in the hands of the ratio police, and ironically these are people with gigabytes if not terabytes of buffer (but they like to stand up for the little guy!).

It's a simple issue of common courtesy. Unfortunately, there are those in the torrenting world who lack that courtesy. However, that doesn't mean we should be legislating rules against them.

The minute you enforce common courtesy by law, courtesy ceases to exist. It's like forcing someone to click a "Thank You" button before downloading, it removes the entire point of the button, which is to offer thanks to the uploader for their work!

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    yeah, all that bandwidth is such a PITA

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

I personally think this is one of the better rules a tracker can have. Nobody likes to struggle to maintain a positive ratio because of the seedbox/ratio whores that plague trackers...
    Exactly. Torrenting should be fun and not an exercise, unfortunately these days this concept is utopic and outdated.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg

That only applies to new torrents(48hrs or less), right? I could be wrong though, I just wiped my inbox there along with that message stating the new overseeding rules. I personally think this is one of the better rules a tracker can have. Nobody likes to struggle to maintain a positive ratio because of the seedbox/ratio whores that plague trackers...
    It may good, but not best. As ca_aok stated, ,it would be more comfortable for end-user to go ratiofree + minimum seedtime (e.g. 120h). IMO it makes more sense...

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    SummerSamba's Avatar Member
    All I want to do is upload quality FLAC files with all associated data "proving" the quality, seed it a good long while, and download the same. All the cheaters ruin it for everyone.

I think people should seed what they download... say for 2 weeks or so at a minimum...

Why anyone wouldn't want to seed what he/she downloaded is beyond me. It is disingenuous not to, and counterproductive to the file sharing sensibility.

Nice spliff, BTW, Funkin'...
    Last edited by SummerSamba; 03-03-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14

they don't, it's the ratio system that stimulates it. and the thing that pedro's implemented - it's one of the worst. imo. from what i heard, ts-tracker did it better - upload just stops to count after a 3.0 ratio without penalties or anything. there's a whole lot of variants how not to penalise ppl for speed and promote seeding without pressing sharers with all this ratio stuff, but at most trackers there's simply not enough good will to take care of that, so this ratio bullshit will go on with more and more perverions developping

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast