Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Rainbow Six: Las Vegas] Destroys 8800GTX in SLi

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    w0w, i kinda figured the 8800GTX (as buggy and shit as they are) would be pretty unstoppable with "todays" games, but i was just proven wrong. even though i'm sure rb6lv in it's early days still has some bugz to squash u'd figure 2 8800gtx's would get more that 10fps. huh? well, even with quad fx (i for one do believe intel is the better chip also) the game drops to a lousy 10 fps. seems pretty damn retarded especially after dishing out over 4k for a newly built pc. lol, here's to being broke!

RB6LV Torture Test
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Thats interesting, RB6: Las Vegas has some insane looking graphics that I thought would easily be taken care of with a 8800GTX.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    I got the impression that it isn't so much a problem with the card, but with the way the software handles it.

The sort of thing that could be happening:
    request card to perform red/blue analysis on each pixel, then discard the information relating to green pixels because it isn't relevant.
    compared to
    request card to perform red/blue analysis on each non-green pixel
    or even
    request card to perform red/blue analysis (card itself ignores green pixels)

Poorly written software will kill the mightiest of processors, whether it's graphics related or simply handling your accounts.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    no, i concur, but even with the rig mentioned u'd figure it would do better than that. at least i would figure. i'm sure the code is dogshit atm simply becuz it is the first game using the new unreal engine. it's bound to happen. just figured i'd post this for i thought it was funny. 4k down and u can't play ur games seems hilarious to me.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    j0nathan's Avatar [][][][][][][]
    I could not even play the game why they did not make it to support more cards I have x800

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Feck, I wanted to download this but i'm sure it'll rip my comp a new asshole.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    SLi is a buggy new system...future driver updates might fix that game's performance

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I run it on 1280x1024 with everything on high at around 70fps.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    That game raped my system..but it looked good while doing so. It actually wasnt too bad..but I couldnt find an option to turn the settings down..therefor I got frustrated and uninstalled it.

Didnt care much for the game anyways

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Good game! With lots of "OMG, WTF SHIT, OMG, DUCK, SHIT" balls to the wall firefights.

Using 7950GTX, 4 gig dual channel ram, and in a few instances the game did perform bad, a wee bit, for a few seconds. Generally it was very playable. Thats everything on high @ 1360 x 768.

Although the game doesn't support my res, and seems to have a bug with logitech x64 mouse drivers.... managed to sort those problems out but I do hate BUYING a game like this and as soon as I get it I need to surf the wonderful support forums to go hunting for an answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast