43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 44.19%
  • No

24 55.81%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death Sentance

Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    .. have you ever thought how long 15 years actually is? if you went to jail now, how old would you be when you come out? personally i'd be 40 and right now that seems a long way off to me.
    You obviously have little idea how long 15 years is, 15 years ago you were only 10.

If I had killed your parents when I arrived in Australia, and served 15 years, I would have been out 9 years ago, when you were 16 ... how would you handle that?

It's not just the offenders we have to think of, but the victims' families, why should killers walk the streets?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Definitely against it.

I agree with JP and Crabgirl.

It's also not our place to judge, no matter what that person has done.

Let them rot in jail in solitary confinement if we're 100% sure of their guilt.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mushmush View Post

Even if some pedo was to do nasty things to your child then kill them and it was proven 150% that he did it. you would still be against the Death penalty?
    To keep someone alive without freedom, to deny them access to their loved ones or things, to shame them every single day, to humiliate them, to take away their rights, including the right to die, and to make them suffer is a better way to punish someone than giving them the early release of death.

I also think that drugs testing should be performed on lifers and all sex offenders be permanently chemically castrated, but hey, maybe that's just me.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    life in prison is more of a deterrent than death

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Many think they know my opinion on this issue.

Ha!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Ha!
    Names?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post

Ha!
    Names?
    You, for one.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18

Names?
    You, for one.
    Not who's better looking and more intelligent, I meant who thinks they know your opinion?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19

You, for one.
    I meant who thinks they know your opinion?
    Yes, I know.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I agree with the death penalty in principle but as I've said many times before there should be no doubt, not just beyond reasonable doubt. The system we have now doesn't meet that standard.
    There are some cases where it is achieved but mostly IMO it is not.

I totally agree that it's not a deterrent, it's purely for revenge and solves nothing, but I still agree with it in principle.

As to the whole death being the easy out. That an easy thing to say and a compelling argument. In some cases may even be true. But the human will to survive is a funny thing, people will do some amazing things to stay alive. They will kill other innocent people out of the will to survive.They will co-operate with the most immoral inhumane acts.

Death for most is not easy. Reading some of the above it "appears" that some object to it not because they feel it's inhumane, but because it's not inhumane enough.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast