Thread: Day Of Defeat

I went into EB today and saw a copy of DoD on thier shelves for au$50.
    I asked the guy behind the counter what the difference was between that one and the one you can download for free. He replied "The price". I hope they don't expect to sell many.

2. Games   -   #2
    Differences
    • Price (Duh)
    • Special HUD
    • Better Stability
    • By buying it, your helping the DoD Team
    • The Box
    • The CD Case
    • The CD

That's about it. The major reasonsmost people will buy it is because they don't know they can download or there willing to help the DoD team continue there great work, if I had $20 I would to, but since I don't I think I'm gonna be a leach. It's human nature.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    special hud ? u mean theres like 1 extra hud that a diff color ? why not just get a mod pack for it ?, they are free too. lol

on that note, i download ROAD TO ROME, it was 800kb, and yet, they are selling it in shops too..

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by huuramis@18 May 2003 - 11:39
    special hud ? u mean theres like 1 extra hud that a diff color ? why not just get a mod pack for it ?, they are free too. lol

on that note, i download ROAD TO ROME, it was 800kb, and yet, they are selling it in shops too..
    Are you sure it's 800kb? How can an expansion pack be so small...

5. Games   -   #5
    BANNED
    sim one the warriors fan

6. Games   -   #6
    this is nothing new, you can purchase counter strike too if you want to get ripped off. Although some people just prefer to have the CD and manual, and to know that they are supporting the developers and publishers.