Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oink of Movies

Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Somebody needs to create an oink for movies.
    It needs to be non-scene but have strict rules on what you can upload. Have it so that you are not allowed to upload something which is already on the site, and with funky rules like oink has on how many different encodes of something are allowed. Thirdly don't allow anything less than DVDrip quality. There are plenty of 0day sites for people that want releases that are in the cinema.
    And have sections just like on OiNK (horror/action etc...), and have it automatically categorise everything using IMDB. Just imagine how awesome it would be to be able to download all of the movies with er... Elisha Cuthbert in just by filtering out your download results using her as one of the actors you wanted.
    Or maybe listing stuff in order of IMDB rating?
    That would be so awesome...

There is definitely a very large gap in the market for a torrent site like this.

Edit: In fact I might consider doing it as a little (actually now I think of it BIG) project for Computer Science. idk though, I don't really know how to write an IMDB parser, and there would have to be quite a lot of additions to the normal torrent site look.
    Last edited by Hanz™; 01-04-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: typos, and adding extra details.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Hanz me and you are starting a new site called 'Oink of Movies' that would be so awesome.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    this kind of site would be awesome to movie fanatics....let's see...www.oinkofmovies.com how does it sound
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Hanz me and you are starting a new site called 'Oink of Movies' that would be so awesome.
    Haha.
    Or what about we name it after the sound another farm yard animal makes.
    moo?
    quack?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    it's funny i clicked the link: www.oinkofmovies.com expecting to see the site ready full of thousands of movies from all time.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    man2069us's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Wow .. this truly is a great idea .. i hope you guys dont lose interest (btw x264 currently has the same ideology except the torrents and uploaders are too few) ... so basically i think the problem is not in launching a great looking site but to get enough seeders for thousands of movies ... if you guys can manage that i think 2007 will belong to you

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    what if oink's did start their own movie site, i would give up every account ive got.
    As would I, only if they were DVD5/9 movies. I don't care for the XviD/DivX or other compressed videos, I want the full DVD. I like to compress them down to the DVD5s myself cutting out what I don't want.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    pisexy #1

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Id say it doesnt exist, since movies are much larger, especially the jump from dvdrips to dvdrs, impossible

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    I keep hearing things about OINK, now I'm kicking myself for not getting a membership when I had the chance.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast