Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many Pages Can U Read In An Hr

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hmmm I can read anywhere from 75-125 pgs an hour...in English. In Spanish Like 25.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I'm sure that none of you have good retention when you're reading 125 pages an hour. Either your number is severly inflated, or you have a very basic comprehension of the material. I'm skeptical of anyone that claims 100 pages an hour. Are we counting pictures?
    Proud member of MDS

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by Jibbler@18 May 2003 - 20:10
    I'm sure that none of you have good retention when you're reading 125 pages an hour. Either your number is severly inflated, or you have a very basic comprehension of the material. I'm skeptical of anyone that claims 100 pages an hour. Are we counting pictures?
    Jibbler,

It's easily possible to read over 100 pages per hour if you can "speed read". If you can master the technique there is no problem with comprehension. You can read a book 100 times and still not comprehend it!! A good example of which would be the Bible.

Some people read at different rates, some people read different books, some people are different. Get over it!

Although it takes me a long time to colour the pictures!!!
    Signature removed

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Some people read at different rates, some people read different books, some people are different. Get over it!
    Nicely said
    Oh and I have excellent reading comprehension Jibbler

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler@18 May 2003 - 20:10
    My number may not be exact, I was only making a rough hestimate - but I know for a fact i'm not far wrong. Reading is the only thing that can keep my concentration for more than an hour at a time (apart from drving).

Believe it or not, its up to you

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by soopaman@18 May 2003 - 16:52
    A good example of which would be the Bible.
    Interpretation and comprehension are two different things. Could you have picked a worse example? Only the bible has been misinterpreted more over the last 2000 years.

But anyway, I'm not calling any of you liars, I'm just trying to say that your numbers seem inflated. One person, can't remember who, was saying that they can re-read a book faster the second time. Ya think? I wouldn't expect your time to be slower.
    Proud member of MDS

7. Lounge   -   #17
    porkshit
    haha! didnt think some stupid thing like sthis would start some big war. next people will be calling each other names

8. Lounge   -   #18
    LOL...nah I dont think this will be some 'big war'....even though Jibbler is a poo-poo head

Edit: I'm sorry...that outburst was just uncalled for. Jibbler you are not a poo-poo head.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    This aint turning into a war, its just a case of people having differant opinions.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    its just a case of people having differant opinions
    lol...ironically enough that has been the basis for quite a few wars

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast