Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Vista with 3 CDs

sinjix_media's Avatar Poster
    Hey guys,

I downloaded windows Vista from a torrent site and it seems to be a 2 gig file. I don't have a dvd burner. is there any way i can open the iso with an iso reader and spit it up into like 3 CDs and install it like that?
    Regards,
    Danny Michel
    Infitech Design
    New York Design

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    This is not the right place to ask man, there is an excellent software forum for questions like this...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sinjix_media
    is there any way i can open the iso with an iso reader and spit it up into like 3 CDs and install it like that?
    no

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by sinjix_media View Post
    Hey guys,

I downloaded windows Vista from a torrent site and it seems to be a 2 gig file. I don't have a dvd burner. is there any way i can open the iso with an iso reader and spit it up into like 3 CDs and install it like that?
    First please post this in the right section next time.

Second use daemon tools or nero or alcohol 120.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if he doesnt have vista installed, how would he use daemon or a120?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    The only way would be to burn images onto a DVD then actually install vista. If you don't have a dvd burner you are out of luck. You could try to put it onto a portable HD perhaps and then get someone to burn it for you?
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillz808 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sinjix_media View Post
    Hey guys,

First please post this in the right section next time.

Second use daemon tools or nero or alcohol 120.
    Thats a very unhelpful and general statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    The only way would be to burn images onto a DVD then actually install vista. If you don't have a dvd burner you are out of luck. You could try to put it onto a portable HD perhaps and then get someone to burn it for you?
    Someone said i can put it on a partitioned disk and install it that way.
    Regards,
    Danny Michel
    Infitech Design
    New York Design

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    would this work?
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/U...es/DVD2CD.html
    It is real handy for people who do not have a DVD burner but have a DVD they want a copy of... they would split the DVD into even pieces of like 700MB using this program and then burn them each to CDs. My program supports disk sizes of 1.44Mb - 9400Mb. This program will NOT retain the autorun with the spanning (under development). None of my software contains any spyware, adware, any other malicious code. I distribute this as freeware for a reason. No way anything else gets installed to your machine!!! IF YOU TRY THIS AND IT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU -- EMAIL ME!! Need a custom application, contact me!! Now Supports CD Burning (with XP)!!
    Regards,
    Danny Michel
    Infitech Design
    New York Design

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I wouldn't recommend stuff like that....just get a burner they are really cheap or just get a friends. I think you can get burners for like £15. I am not sure how much they cost in usa.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Pretty cheap here too.

Heres the first thing i saw on circuit city -
    Philips Internal 16x DVD-RW Drive 29.99
    Last edited by kavalchuk17; 01-02-2007 at 02:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast