Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent quicker than Newsgroups?

chris57's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

Ive noticed that torrent sites tend to post releases at least a couple of hours before Newsgroups sites. Am I missing something or is this the case

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Well, I guess both newsgroups and bittorrent are pretty low in the release food-chain.

But yes, it seems even the public bittorrent sites get releases before it gets posted in the newsgroups nowadays...

It all depends on the releases... The big US TV shows just show up in all places just hours after they air. The rest of the stuff seems to be on bittorrent first if you ask me.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Sometimes some shows or movies do show up quicker on BT sites than they do on the usenet, I think largely because of the fact that most people either dont know about the usenet or don't know how to use it, I personally love the usenet because it is so much faster than BT and you dont have to worry about getting caught sharing files...more and more people are getting sued everyday by the mpa* or the ri** Anyone who uses BT now and wants to learn how to use the usenet should check this link out, found it on the slyck forums

http://www.mantup.com

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS
    Yes, bittorrent has better pre times. Too bad it is lacking in good content because people are missing out on great older releases because of the fixation on new ones.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I've seen some releases come out like 1 day after on torrent sites. Which is why i prefer torrents.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I usually see stuff getting posted to usenet faster than torrent sites. Just because your favourite indexing site hasn't indexed it yet doesnt mean its not there.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Usually I find things faster on Usenet.... But that is almost always before it is posted here or other sites.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    visionaryone
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    I usually see stuff getting posted to usenet faster than torrent sites. Just because your favourite indexing site hasn't indexed it yet doesnt mean its not there.
    I was just about to say the exact same thing, take FTD for example!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    DISABLED PRIVS
    If there is one thing that really sucks about usenet its ftd.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Even if it were true and I'm not convinced it is, the one thing Usenet has over torrents is the lack of ratio concerns.

Oh and I always (or as near it as makes no difference) max my download on Usenet, its 10Mb. I'm pleased if I get half that on BT.

So that's two things really.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast