Thread: Checksum failure: Possible memory fault?

I've downloaded a DVD and when i run it hrough Quickpar there's normaly a couple of damaged files so try fixing them with the repair function in Quickpar but get the following error: Checksum failure: Possible memory fault.

I've run it a few times after trying to fix it but still no joy. Is this a common error or just a fault with my PC?

Cheers

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I've googled it for you
    Seems that quickpar is a good test for your system memory. Getting "Checksum failure: Possible memory fault" from the program is a sign that you have bad system memory, or failing system memory.

Sorry
    Last edited by Broken; 11-27-2006 at 05:24 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneyg View Post
    I've downloaded a DVD and when i run it hrough Quickpar there's normaly a couple of damaged files so try fixing them with the repair function in Quickpar but get the following error: Checksum failure: Possible memory fault.

I've run it a few times after trying to fix it but still no joy. Is this a common error or just a fault with my PC?

Cheers
    I used http://www.memtest86.com/ when working @ Dell support. It is very good for checking the memory on your computer. If this fails you should ALWAYS cross test the memory modules to be sure. Sometimes it can be the MB, but not very often.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    How are thing working out??

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Changed PC's and all working ok now, lots more memory