Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why audio books?

GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    I like listening to audiobooks at night when I would rather rest my eyes from a busy day's work. But for better absorption and appreciation on what is in the book, I prefer reading.

I would like to try reading and listening to a book at the same time. There's a study which shows that people retain more when they use two sensory organs at the same time (sense of sight and hearing).

2. Lounge   -   #22
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I listen to them in the car, but only if it's a long journey cos I prefer my music. I've always wanted to try listening to one all night and seeing if I can remember the plot when I wake up though but I've never got round to it

3. Lounge   -   #23
    BurntBlue's Avatar LOVE HERTZ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I like bein' read to as i go to sleep...they're like bedtime stories, except better...

Will give a piece of my for

4. Lounge   -   #24
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntBlue View Post
    I like bein' read to as i go to sleep...they're like bedtime stories, except better...
    LOL that's an interesting idea. I used to read books to help me fall asleep. I guess I'm going to try listening to story audiobooks to help me sleep.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    BurntBlue's Avatar LOVE HERTZ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I just finished the GOlden Compass, it was great I'm on the second one..love it!

Will give a piece of my for

6. Lounge   -   #26
    whenever commuting - metro, car, plane, taxi, basically constantly listening to audiobooks unless doing another task that does not allow this.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    I guess no one has said this, I listen to audio books while exercising. I like to exercise my brain also when my muscles are engaged in lifting weights or running/jogging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123