Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

There is a new usergroup on FST now with a different Username Color and Stars.
    These are staff at bt sites some of them members already and some new.

Username
    Community Rep

EDIT: Updated Title.

For those interested most of the sites represented at FST dont have any objections to trades and just ask you do it responsibly. The only site that were currently aware that does object to is u*** so dont trade those as theres many others you can. They dont even have invites currently. Some sites dont want their names or urls mentioned and FST has filters for those so dont use spaces or something similar. Hope this clarifies things a bit...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    nice idea, good to see FST honors staffs

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    i think its a good idea.
    although i think their custom title should say what site they are from perhaps?
    or a signature?

well dont to filesharingtalk for working so well with the torrent communities though. im pleasantly surprised at the way standards are kept up here, and how this site helps to remove posts/content that certain sites dont want advertised. its rare for a public forum like this to care about an outside site like that.

edit: unless of course that site doesnt wish its name to be disclosed for whatever reason.
    which is partly why im all for this.

edit edit: [rant]the "community staff" should also try be polite, as at the end of the day, this isn't their site.
    a simple reply like "sorry but our site doesn't allow invite trading, and doesnt want mentioned in public forums" is enough, and straight to the point. saying "u'll never get an account there, i'll personally make sure of that" just sounds rude to me.

this site is full of noobs, who dont know those sites dont allow invite/account trading, and dont know they want to remain private. being rude about it wont help. with the new forum rank, i think they have a duty to be polite about what they say.

also, some clarity about if they do/dont have any powers on the forums here would be good. ive already had a few ppl ask me if they can see i.p's/edit posts/etc.

personally, i think filesharingtalk should just block out the names/acronyms of the sites who dont want to be mentioned. i myself have reported many threads which give the names of sites that wish to remain secret.[/rant]
    Last edited by j0hn; 08-29-2006 at 12:37 PM. Reason: just because

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Thanks for the support FST

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Definately a good idea.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    very competent point, j0hn, my thoughts exactly.

some sigs of the site they're staff at would be useful and help avoid confusions...

regarding the anonymity:
    if the site they're staff at is so secretive, then why bother getting this status anyway?

/looking at Tmist
    doesnt this status conflict with the idea of anonymity?

also, what extra privileges does this usergroup have, can anyone elaborate on that?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    hehe now the users here will be more reluctant on breaking other site rules. great job. :-)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Yes we're watching you

lol j/k

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    erax's Avatar & No God But Allah & BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctum View Post
    Yes we're watching you

lol j/k
    you R welcomed

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    i think its a good idea.
    although i think their custom title should say what site they are from perhaps?
    or a signature?

well dont to filesharingtalk for working so well with the torrent communities though. im pleasantly surprised at the way standards are kept up here, and how this site helps to remove posts/content that certain sites dont want advertised. its rare for a public forum like this to care about an outside site like that.

edit: unless of course that site doesnt wish its name to be disclosed for whatever reason.
    which is partly why im all for this.

edit edit: [rant]the "community staff" should also try be polite, as at the end of the day, this isn't their site.
    a simple reply like "sorry but our site doesn't allow invite trading, and doesnt want mentioned in public forums" is enough, and straight to the point. saying "u'll never get an account there, i'll personally make sure of that" just sounds rude to me.

this site is full of noobs, who dont know those sites dont allow invite/account trading, and dont know they want to remain private. being rude about it wont help. with the new forum rank, i think they have a duty to be polite about what they say.

also, some clarity about if they do/dont have any powers on the forums here would be good. ive already had a few ppl ask me if they can see i.p's/edit posts/etc.

personally, i think filesharingtalk should just block out the names/acronyms of the sites who dont want to be mentioned. i myself have reported many threads which give the names of sites that wish to remain secret.[/rant]
    Dont think couldve put this much better than you have. As for changinging their titles or sig well leave that to each of them although it would be nice for clarification if they want. Regarding posts containing info thats unwanted we now have added filters to deal with this. Reagrding access to members information only the staff here at FST has access to that...

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast