Thread: Moved to Mac ...

Hi

I have been using BitTorrent for quite a while, at least from 2003. I was a WinXP user and have used most clients, last one was the amazing utorrent.

I finally decided to make the "switch" to Mac and love it. However finding my torrent experience has not been so great :-( slow downloads, and no really good client. I can run utorrent under windows and easily get 500kb++ on various torrents. If I do the same under Mac I get about 50-60kb. I am sure its a config / setting issue.

I have some questions.

1. In windows you have to hack the tcpip.sys file to allow more than 10 connections, does any connection limit exist in Mac ? I also used to increase my half open connections to 70 (tcpip.sys limit was 100)

2. Is their a set of settings I should use - I am back using Azureus under Mac, I tried tranmission and although the UI was nice - real lack of options.

Thanks for any help :-)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I dont think you need to hack anything even on windows.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Hacks a vauge term, he means patch it.

and woodyuk the limit isnt 100, you can make it up to 65,536 or whatever 2x10^16 is I think. and also sorry for not answering your question, the closest i ever got to using a mac at home was getting the hacked version for x86 computers and deciding there was too much documentation to read .