Thread: Keep getting an error

gossard25's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I keep getting an error" connection closed by peer" while downloading files from one site. Any help is appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    tracker overload,it SHOULD go away if you leave your download/seed running..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Although all dl/ul during the tracker overload period does not get updated i think.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I have tried other sites they seem to work fine and the SysOP insists there is something wrong on my side. Maybe there is I don't know if somebody could help me. I have left the torrent on now for almost 24hrs no change tried resetting my router no change.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    biggie944's Avatar If i can give i will BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Ipressume its from a private tracker,try changing your passkey on the site if u can and then redownload the torrent

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    They don't have an option to change the pass key any other ideas. I have tried all private trackers they seem to work except deviliod in which i'm interested. I keep getting the error "connection closed by peer" . I am quite certain its not my ISP cos they are not smart enough or have the necessary resources to throttle torrents and why only this particular tracker. If anybody has expericed a similar problem please let me know. A link to the error

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/232/piczy7.jpg
    Last edited by gossard25; 01-08-2007 at 07:36 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    They don't have an option to change the pass key any other ideas. I have tried all private trackers they seem to work except deviloid in which i'm interested. I keep getting the error "connection closed by peer" . I am quite certain its not my ISP cos they are not smart enough or have the necessary resources to throttle torrents and why only this particular tracker. If anybody has expericed a similar problem please let me know. A link to the error

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/232/piczy7.jpg

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    It has nothing to do with the passkey. Its another way of saying your client timed out while trying to reach the tracker. Can be any number of things that causes this...
    1.) (Ussually its the tracker end timing out which I think is the case for you.
    2.) Something is blocking the connection to the site aka a firewall. (I doubt this since your connecting fine to any other site.)
    3.) The torrent no longer exists on the site. (Ussually tells you it doesnt exist but they could have rewritten the error msgs on the site.

You can also visit this page for some more ideas but I dont think these guys are hitting the ball with their suggestions for a fix.
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=225026