Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High download speed slow upload....

lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Calibur View Post
    But if u call them, and u ask about increasing ur upload speed, wont they know ur filesharing?? or they dont care??
    when I talked to someone last year, she asked me if I was into gaming, and asked what game I mostly played. that was all that was mentioned. tell them you want the upgrade for your l33t g4m1ng s|k1Lz, if they ask.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ofekmirzai's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Oh stop whinning =[ In my country the best download speed is 500 kb\s and thats cost us a lot of money. and the best upload speed is 200 kb\s and thats for VERY rich people. My max speed is 312 kb\s and upload like 35 kb\s so dont cry that you "only" upload in speed of 45.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Most isps throttle down the outgoing speeds cause in fact it costs them more money for outgoing transfers than it does for incoming.
    They also dont care if your dl "stuff" they just dont want as much "stuff" being shared over their networks so they limit the speeds as well.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I also hate my ISPs, Dl:UP is 4:1
    it would be better if it was 2:1 or 1:1

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    n00b BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    down; 290kb

up; 30kb

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    D/L: 1.2mb/s

U/L: 60kb/s

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    The Murder Mile
    Why does everyone keep on saying that they hate their ISP's, if you want a faster upload speed then you have to pay more, it as simple as that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    StevenVD's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Here in belgium all people can only download/upload 10GB/month.. We can download 5 gig and upload 5 gig in few days and the rest of the month, when we pass our limit our speed is capped at 3 kB/s or something.
    Normal speeds here are (when we didn't pass the 10 gig) 400kB/s download and 30 kB/s upload.

I have a 4mbit connection because we have a company connection, there is also no download/upload limit.. But it's really expensive. Normal people can't pay it here
    "Normal" is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    i'v got a DSL covad ISP and get pretty good speeds, normally around 800k/b DL and 106 k/b UL, but im getting quite a few disconnects a day, they say its cause im far from the main central ISP or sumthin...and those bastards keep capping my speed now at 6mbps cause they say my connection will be more reliable, but I pay for 8mbps connection!!
    Last edited by decotoxiver; 01-08-2007 at 07:21 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by h4mm44d View Post
    Why does everyone keep on saying that they hate their ISP's, if you want a faster upload speed then you have to pay more, it as simple as that.

Not really...at least in the USA (and many other countries), telecom companies have control over a certain area; where no other company can compete. A monopoly, more or less. So if your ISP offers a max of 5mbit/256kbs...that's the most you will ever get, at least for some time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast