Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High download speed slow upload....

SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Same thing with RoadRunner (NC). Since I'm still in high school, my parents need to pay for internet and aren't too happy when I complain about the upload speed and when I pretty much have to keep the computer on the whole day even when not using it..

It's life..

Btw, my speeds are:
    700-800 kb/s Download
    40 kb/s Upload (when you're at like 45, you can't do ANYTHING online.. so I set it at 40)

However, the price is only 30 bucks per month, not bad.
    Last edited by SpiderPig; 01-08-2007 at 09:01 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I have just signed up to Sky Boradband, and am a bit worried that I am taking the piss out of their fair usage policy. Screw em, they can afford my bandwidth

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dude12345 View Post
    Same thing with RoadRunner (NC). Since I'm still in high school, my parents need to pay for internet and aren't too happy when I complain about the upload speed and when I pretty much have to keep the computer on the whole day even when not using it..

It's life..

Btw, my speeds are:
    700-800 kb/s Download
    40 kb/s Upload (when you're at like 45, you can't do ANYTHING online.. so I set it at 40)

However, the price is only 30 bucks per month, not bad.
    lol, build a more electrically efficient computer then, the electric bill is probably pretty terrible if you have a dual core p4 or something running 24/7. Or really, buy a laptop with a networked hard drive as the torrent drive.

Not that either of those are really that easy to do as a high schooler I guess.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    What does that have to do with a discussion on ISP speeds?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    evening_star's Avatar TV Addict BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I'm also a subscriber of Comcast's cable broadband connection. I got the higher plan, 8mbps DL / 90 kBs UL, but for some reason my upload maxes out at 45 kBs. I don't know why.

I've checked all I can think of, and even in speed tests taken at different times it never gets any higher. My download's great, but my upload is only half of what I'm paying for.

Any suggestions?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    you need to call and complain. 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    The Murder Mile
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by h4mm44d View Post
    Why does everyone keep on saying that they hate their ISP's, if you want a faster upload speed then you have to pay more, it as simple as that.

Not really...at least in the USA (and many other countries), telecom companies have control over a certain area; where no other company can compete. A monopoly, more or less. So if your ISP offers a max of 5mbit/256kbs...that's the most you will ever get, at least for some time
    Oh right, I understand now, but still as far as I know even in the US they usually have choice between a few providers unless they live really far away from the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    I have just signed up to Sky Boradband, and am a bit worried that I am taking the piss out of their fair usage policy. Screw em, they can afford my bandwidth
    Sign up with Be*, I would definately recommend them and they are currently the fastest in the UK, with no fair use policy to speak of!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    My ul is only 48kb/s max. I will try to call Comcast and see if they will increase it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    My upload now is 250kbs, It was 65kb but when my ISP "cox" did upgrades laying fiber optics my speed jumped..Crazy thing is that it ended up being a free upgrade to the consumer. So now I get 8mb down and 250kbs. Don't really know the price rite off cuz I got the tv/internet/phone package from them...Now Verison is laying fiber optic to the houses in my neighborhood . Mite be time to change soon..

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    My upload now is 250kbs, It was 65kb but when my ISP "cox" did upgrades laying fiber optics my speed jumped..Crazy thing is that it ended up being a free upgrade to the consumer. So now I get 8mb down and 250kbs. Don't really know the price rite off cuz I got the tv/internet/phone package from them...Now Verison is laying fiber optic to the houses in my neighborhood . Mite be time to change soon..
    I am running cox as well and I have 15mb down and 1mb up. I have noticed that my upload speeds cap at about 140kb/s though. So I am actually getting a little more up speed than I should (No complaints of course). I have never hit the full 15mb down though. I hit 11 one night and I was amazed how fast my torrents were downloading. Depends on the tracker too.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast