Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An All New Speed Tip!

If you dl movies, and they come to a stall(even when using Speedup and/or ignite), try what I did.

I had 4 full movies downloading for some time, until they suddenly stalled. all of them.
    Kazaa found sources, but they wouldn´t connect, or connected at superlow speed. all four movies were dl-ing at below 1.0, or not DL at all.
    now the speed for these same four movies: 16, 7, 13, 75!!!!!!!!!!speeded up all at once!!!!!!!
    I tried all other tips in the forum, and they never impressed me much...
    here´s the secret: DL more!!!!!
    I searched and started DL on 12 episodes of friends, and ALL my dls skyrocketed!!!!!!!!!!
    try it!!!! You can DL files You want, or files yu dont want, and then delete them.
    I just found this out now, so I haven´t got to much experience with it, but feel free to try it, and post back here.

add: Its also a good idea to pause the ones that take to much of your bandwith, if you want the full movie first.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I don't speak english very well ,so try to explain one more time.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    if your big movies slow down half way through, download 12- 13 friends episodes, put (very) simply.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    willie146

I am sorry but I don't understand you either.
    What do you mean by "I searched and started DL on 12 episodes of friends"?
    What is or who is "friends"?

It is nice of you to want to share your discovery but very frustrating when one cannot understand what you are recommending.

Please try again.

Thank you.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by willie146@19 May 2003 - 10:53
    What is or who is "friends"?

It is nice of you to want to share your discovery but very frustrating when one cannot understand what you are recommending.

Please try again.

Thank you.
    sorry willie bit i had to
    ok ill presume from that comment that you don’t have the very popular TV Series Friends
    out of interest what country you from, me Australia, where the show gets heaps of publicity.

I am not saying what Burre is suggesting works but i think this is what he is saying to do., i currently have about 25 things in me que so cant experiment as to weather it works or not.

- Add heaps of things to your downloads (traffic items) and your downloads will go fast(er)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    willie146

Hi Sam,

I am from UK now living in France.

I now understand that he was referring to to the TV series which is available on our satellite TV but we don't watch.

By "adding heaps of things" you mean download many files concurrently, I assume.

If that is correct, I can assure you that it does not work. I must have 25 files attempting to be downloaded of which two or three download. The others say "connecting", "searching" or "more sources needed" without ever making the connevtion.

I was tending to go the other way and reduce the number of active downloads to try and improve the D/L speed of those being received.

The low download speed is real pain.

I have two computers active on KazaaLite and one is more successful than the other but I have no idea why this is.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    i think DL stands 4 download

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    TRshady
    This is a bit of a stupid tip as there's no reason why getting friends episodes would result in faster downloads for your other movies, could be coincidence but then again I haven't tried so I wouldn't know ...............

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I find that if you are downloading large files the minute it starts downloading
    i get very good download speeds,after 2/3 of the download the speed drops drastically,so what i tend to do is download more files(does'nt after be friends episodes )my preference is music files.Once the files (music) start to download all of a sudden my large files start downloading at fast speeds again.

Don't ask me why this happens, but it always seems to work for me

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by TRshady@19 May 2003 - 19:10
    This is a bit of a stupid tip as there's no reason why getting friends episodes would result in faster downloads for your other movies, could be coincidence but then again I haven't tried so I wouldn't know ...............
    just an example....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast