Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One cable to connect them all

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    XCM is releasing a new version of multi-component cable for consoles. The upcoming XCM multi-component cable supports PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360. With a single switch users can change the source console and enjoy their games without a hellish cable jungle, however it doesn't allow PS2 and PS3 to be connected simultaneously, other setups are viable. The cable can be pre-ordered and costs an affordable $29,99.

Source: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-...ps2-226320.php

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Hmm, that is useful.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    One cable to connect them all. One cable to rule them all.

Like someone commented on the linked site, if you have enough money to have all 3 systems then you should have a TV that can handle all 3 and then some. Not only do the systems have to be humping each other but the switch may be a pain in the ass to get to if you have all your systems neatly set in a nice entertainment center. Who the hell wants to keep reaching behind them to switch back and forth?

A simple push of my input button switches my TV from one beautiful system to the next without lifting my lazy ass off the chair.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    As I was typing this link morning , I looked at my kids systems all over the rug and on the couch in front of the tv .

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Its about time some one has come out with one. Behind the entertainment center its a nightmare of wires, I have done my best to keep them tidy. Also it doesnt help that the cats go back there and have a blast.
    Suddenly just thought of Christmas Vacation and the electrocuted cat under the chair
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    The problem I have with the cord is the console ends are too short.

I have my systems on shelves and it looks like unless I stack them on top of each other, the ends won't reach all the systems.

I hate that the systems have proprietary plugs anyway.

I've got enough component inputs and DVI on my big screen. However, I'd rather have a game switcher rather than take up all the fucking ports on the back of my TV.

I also heard that the Wii's "HD" connector sucks.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-09-2007 at 03:47 PM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    jonasfjeld's Avatar crockett scientist BT Rep: +2
    very neat indeed

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    As usual no regular xbox support (a good quality multi console high definition cable with optical would be nice) Just spent 50$ on a hdav with optical for the regular xbox.Looks so sweet on the 55" Sony

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    One cable to connect them all. One cable to rule them all.

Like someone commented on the linked site, if you have enough money to have all 3 systems then you should have a TV that can handle all 3 and then some. Not only do the systems have to be humping each other but the switch may be a pain in the ass to get to if you have all your systems neatly set in a nice entertainment center. Who the hell wants to keep reaching behind them to switch back and forth?

A simple push of my input button switches my TV from one beautiful system to the next without lifting my lazy ass off the chair.
    Noone says you have to own all of them...
    Just simply having a ps2 and any of those other systems is pretty likely. And olderish TVs have only 1 component input.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    carbon75's Avatar Stronger than steel
    I would say that if you really want good video quality you should just pay for the good cables. I don't think you can really get a decent cable for $29.99. After all the systems are several hundred dollars why skimp on the cable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast