Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sims Superstar Problem

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Do any of you know what copy-protection it comes with? Depending on the type, you might have to do some fancy workarounds. Or wait for someone to put out a working 1:1 copy.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. Games   -   #12
    imported_computerfreak76
    see i dont think its copy protection or else it would get as far as it does maybe just a bad install file or something?

3. Games   -   #13
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Depending on what kind they've put on it, it could be. It's crashing at the same spot for all of you, yes? A bad install file generally comes up when you're installing...I don't know, I can't really say much until I've tried it, and I'm Simmed out right now.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. Games   -   #14
    if some1 can help please man, cus its so not fair, took me so long to download. mainly because i downloaded once and it stopped at 99% on Bit Torrent, i mean it installs fine, but i get somat about windows hotfix when im about to install saying install a version before playing the game. it cant be the protection really cus it wouldnt load like that would it, it would say please insert correct cd. for that guy who said buy it. LOL ill never buy a game when i can download it EVER!.

any ideas from any1 ???

i scanned both bin files with CDmage and they aint corrupt absolutly no errors

5. Games   -   #15
    Hey Kazaa Lite Freak, I share your anguish. Having the same problem here. My question is has anyone managed to play the game ????? All you smart computer savvy guys, heres a challenge for you. You can do it . We're counting on you'll.

6. Games   -   #16
    the file you need is called

THE.SIMS.SUPERSTAR.PROPER.CRACKFIX-DEVIANCE.ZIP

it can be found here on kazza thats where i found it.
    Use winace to unzip it as winzip gives errors (for me) or rename it from .zip to .rar and use winrar

put the files into the directory where the bin file is and type the following in the run command for windows or create a .bat file (again that's what i did)

x:\installdir\Applyppf3.exe (Binfile name) dev-sscf.ppf

x being your hardrive letter where you have the files and
    installdir the folder where the files are
    binfile name is the binfile name mine is flt-sup1.bin
    Example
    C:\my shared folder\Applyppf3.exe flt-sup1.bin dev-sscf.ppf

once done then burn the cd and use the crack in the deviance zip not the flt one. hope this helps. it drove me nuts till i found this file and more to figgure how to use it. winxp kept closing the dos box faster than i could read what was in it.

7. Games   -   #17
    imported_computerfreak76
    you mind posting the sigdat for it please?

8. Games   -   #18
    I don't believe it's a crack problem. It's actually a problem EA is working on and know about, also legit users have the same problem. If you have Alcohol 120% on your machine it won't work. I don't know but try uninsatalling Alcohol 120% and The Sims. Then reinsatall The Sims + Expansion Packs (a lot of work) then Alcohol 120%. Tell me if that works.

If that doesn't or you don't have Alcohol 120%, try adding -w after the shortcut, Right click on The Sims shortcut --> Properties

In the target box type:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Sims.exe" -w

Substitute your Sims directory.

After -w put a space then try each of the following individually:
    -nosound
    -skip_verify
    -skip_intro

If those don't work try:

n the target box type:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Sims.exe" -no_thread_init

Substitute your Sims directory. Note: This is a last resort from Maxis.

If none of the above solutions work Uninstall, run the Sims Eraser (which is at: http://thesims.ea.com/us/support/simseraser.html), then reinstall everything.

WARNING!!! THE SOLUTION ABOVE WILL ERASE YOUR ENTIRE SIMS DIRECTORY!

Hope any of those work!

9. Games   -   #19
    imported_computerfreak76
    hey dude dont you think weve been to the maxis site and tried those things thats where you got all that from. DUH!

10. Games   -   #20
    yes it is a crack problem Flt Released a broken bin file. the dev fix works. as far as posting a sigdat for the file. not to sound like a a**hole but just do a regular search for the file like i did

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast