Thread: Making A Vcd With Nero - Different Problem - Help!

in trying to make a vcd using nero - seems easy enough and ive got the encoder - well at least it says "encoding" just now. im stuck at 38% tho.....rekon it may be a glintch on the avi file.

So what do i do about that?

help..

please....

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    If you have bad frames in the original .avi it can cause a lock up.

Info taken from this page on dvdrhelp.com:

How do I repair a DivX/AVI?
    If you have DivX that won't play in Media Player try to use DivXFix . Run the divfix.exe in the win32 folder and just open the broken DivX and hit Rebuild Index and after the process it should work perfect.

Or try to use Virtualdub and when open you select File->Open and check Popup extended open options and open the broken DivX . A window appear check Rederive keyframe flags and hit OK.It will take some minutes. Select Video->DirectStreamCopy and Audio->DirectStreamCopy and last save the new DivX, File->Save as avi.

Or try to use Virtualdub 1.4.9 or later and open the broken DivX. Select File->Scan Video stream for errors.Select Video->DirectStreamCopy and Audio->DirectStreamCopy and last save the new DivX, File->Save as avi.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    cheers mista, up the lilly whites!

have you tried doin this then? - only nero seems to take ages...is this right?

arsing me rite off - how long should it take??

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    NFM
    I do it with Nero and it typically takes about an hour and 15 minutes for a typical Disc 1 or 2 standalone at close to 200MB on the original file before encoding. For a full disc it may take over 2 hours. That's what I get.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Anyone know why its taking me 9 HRS to encode a 57min film using TMPGEnc!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Fasttracker A
    Maybe you have a slow computer ? who knows
    encoding files for svcd or vcd will take even high preformance comps 20 min, half an hour

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by nahan@19 May 2003 - 19:45
    Maybe you have a slow computer ? who knows
    encoding files for svcd or vcd will take even high preformance comps 20 min, half an hour
    I dont think its my pc

AthlonXp2000
    512 sdram

Forgot to say i used to be able to encode in 1hr but that was a while back.

Now when i came to encode again it says 9hrs remaining i know this aint right.

I may have messed up the settings somewhere along the line, do any have massive impact on the encoding??