Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This A Good Deal?

Poster
    whats this rebait ???

Us in England don't get it what is it ???

ps.. i got a 120gig samsung quiet drive for £80 $110 ???
    If they offer a rebate, you purchase the item and send in the receipt and probably the barcode. In a few weeks or months, they will send you a check for the rebate amount.

And, yes you did get a good deal dingo. Nice find.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    DivX
    Cheers i hope it happens to us in the U.K. too lol

nice to get a bit of £££££ back lol

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    hey dingo, i got the same HD from fry's. check to see if it is 120gbs mine is only 114gbs. those bastards just round it up.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by punkerforgod@20 May 2003 - 18:23
    hey dingo, i got the same HD from fry's. check to see if it is 120gbs mine is only 114gbs. those bastards just round it up.
    Scroll down in this thread and there is a good explanation for this. LINK

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    DivX
    it's cos Microsoft class a GIG as 1024mb and the people who make the hardware class a GIG as 1000mb

so you not been ripped off it's normal

plus there is a chunk used to for file system be it FAT ,FAT32 or NFTS ect....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by mobboss01@19 May 2003 - 15:25
    If they offer a rebate, you purchase the item and send in the receipt and probably the barcode. In a few weeks or months, they will send you a check for the rebate amount.
    basically it's a roundabout way of discounting the price. rather than just marking the price down, they give you a partial refund after you mail a request for it. my theory is that the shop actually makes more money this way because they are assuming that some people will lose their receipts, forget to send the request, or the request will get lost in the mail (i'm sure all of those things do happen).

and yes, $80 for 120gb is a very good price. i'd say that if you are paying $1 or less per gb, it's a fair price at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12