Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seedboxes..

Hey guys.. I use a Dedicated Server from Vectoral Servers to seed on sites at really high speeds.. I'm running TorrentFlux on it as well as an FTP server.

Anyway.. in an attempt to make it cheaper for both of us.. I'll give you 600GB/month transfer and 40GB HDD space, a TorrentFlux and FTP (FXP allowed) account for 50USD and 15USD for every extra 200GB transfer.

If 50USD is still too much for you I'll give you 20GB HDD space with 300GB/month transfer with TorrentFlux and FTP accounts for 30USD.

Post here for more info, PM me if interested.

EDIT: Oh.. I just read the rules (about advertising).. this is just a way to make it cheaper.. mods, is this allowed? In the mean time let's make this a discussion about Seedboxes then.. who uses them?
    Last edited by KableKiB; 12-01-2006 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Oops

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I use multiple boxes but not looking for anymore sorry.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Does it make it cheaper for anyone?

Vectoral offering...
    Intel® Pentium III 1000 MHZ
    512MB DDR-RAM
    20GB Harddrive
    1000 GB

for 49.95USD and one of payment of 9.95USD for setup.

That would seem better to me unless you told us specs of server. HD doesn't really matter aslong as its over 15GB to be honest!!!!

Also torrentflux drains a lot of CPU so having more than 3 torrents at once would not be as fast as it could which is why its better to get the windows server and install utorrent.
    Last edited by gamer4eva; 12-01-2006 at 05:33 PM.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I have JollyGreen server with a 64bit processor..

I save people the hassle of setting up their own server or paying extra for windows and for setup fee.. that and I offer the $30 plan...

I've had lots of torrents running at the same time... the only thing that really lags it is when many are downloading uploading torrents.. unless over 2mb/s don't really affect much.
    Last edited by KableKiB; 12-01-2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: more..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    So this server is linux based with torrentflux installed?

If you are a regular torrent user then you should know that torrentflux uses a lot of CPU thus using too many downloads at once will cause many problems which is why windows server is probably the best option.

Although if it is jollygreen server it is worth it!!!!!! The specs are good!!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yeah, plus I have a better CPU than the stock (special offer).

I do know it uses a lot of CPU (because of python) but in my experience I'm sure it can handle it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KableKiB View Post
    Yeah, plus I have a better CPU than the stock (special offer).

I do know it uses a lot of CPU (because of python) but in my experience I'm sure it can handle it.
    I see.... seems like a good offer.
    The only problem i have with it is torrentflux but the good cpu makes up for that.

Lets hope someone is interested.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Yeah I would use another client but it would complicate things way to much with more than say 2 people. With torrentflux everything can be seperated..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    how does it work? do i send u the .torrent or do we get access to a web base program. sorry i sound like a n00b, seedboxes r new to me.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by torrenttrader View Post
    how does it work? do i send u the .torrent or do we get access to a web base program. sorry i sound like a n00b, seedboxes r new to me.
    Well with torrentflux (the ones i have used in past) you download the torrent onto your own computer. Then you upload it onto torrentflux (it has the option when you log into server). The you download, the tracker must work via passkey and not ip because obviously the server IP and your home IP are different. s*t work on passkey and so do most i use aswell. The ones that dont are tti and Z-P so far.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast