Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ArenaBG working - Heres how

man2069us's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Finally got arenabg.com working for myself. Both the site and the tracker.

Here's how -

1. Access www.arenabg.com thru this proxy:
    http://slivnica.org/forum/images/proxy/index.php

2. Right click on torrent - save as and save the .torrent file

3. Open with your client - Tracker will not start working and will show error if you are not from Bulgarian ip.

4. To get tracker to work - In utorrent
    a) Preferences > Connection
    b) Proxy server > Type:HTTP, Proxy: 88.80.112.5 Port: 8000
    c) Leave Authentication and the rest unchecked

5. Right click on the torrent and Update tracker - should start working - atleast it did for me.

Note: This might be a very crude way to use a proxy. Since I have never had use for it before I just used the most obvious way possible. If someone has a better way please do post it.

Also multiple people using the same proxy may get us banned. Still I thought I had to share this info here. If someone can find more Bulgarian proxies and list them here, or let us know what is arenabg's policy on this, it'd be great.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    This will re-route the torrents that we seed to other trackers too, right ? Trackers like bitmetv do not condone the use of proxy.. Too bad, you have to run only torrents from arenabg for this to work without running the risk of getting banned elsewhere!

Thanks for the guide btw.. good work on finding that free Bulgarian proxy. Kudos!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Nah ... I guess all you have to do is stop your other torrents, use the proxy to update Arenabg's tracker, and then once it finds the seeds and peers, undo the proxy and start rest of the torrents.

This is definitely not gonna mess up your accounts on other trackers but I dunno how this kinda BT etiquette works for Arenabg.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ... can't touch this BT Rep: +1
    Thanks for the tutorial, it works great for me. I did set up an additional copy of utorrent so i didn't need to change any settings in my main window where my other torrents were running. More information here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=56355
    Oh and in case anyone's half asleep like I am and got stuck, when saving the torrent, you may need to save it as ".torrent" to load it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by man2069us View Post
    This is definitely not gonna mess up your accounts on other trackers
    if you're using a tracker that doesn't use passkeys, and registers ratio based on ip (like filelist), you're going to be screwed. I would advise against this.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    Thanks for the tuto,works fine for me

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Disclaimer: A word of caution to everyone trying this method. Please do not blame me if your accounts get banned because of using this method

@lysine - If you stop your other torrents or use a different copy of utorrent like default suggested i dont think you will face this problem.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    Well , my IP has been banned from arena ,btw i can stilll get the tracker to load via proxy

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    marie81's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    After Proxy you can use flashget 1.80 for download

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    m7b's Avatar raison d'être BT Rep: +4
    stupidity Bulgarians and they joined to UE
    Last edited by m7b; 01-11-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast