Thread: Mummy 3 Director Hired?

theincredible's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

Cool

Hi every one

I happy to write this topic about Mummy 3

Mummy 3 Director Hired?

Stephen Sommers not coming back for The Mummy 3, Universal has been hunting for a replacement to helm the latest installment in their hit franchise.

Although Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III) had once been rumored for the job, it appears Universal is now in negotiations with Rob Cohen to direct. "Look for Universal to make the formal offer to Cohen sometime later this week," according to TMZ.com.

Cohen had been an in-demand action helmer after directing The Fast and the Furious and xXx, but he fell from grace when Sony's 2005 turkey Stealth bombed at the box office.

"After a mess like that, you're in 'movie jail' -- the equivalent of purgatory for directors," TMZ explains. "Performing well on an established franchise would go a long way toward rehabbing your rep, and clearly, insiders say, Cohen's hip to this fact."

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    the mummy(s) & scorpion king have been decent films and i like them for some reason so seeing a m3 cum out would be nice and an accepted film. even though it will prob suck, imo, i'll still watch it. movies like this being terrible and all still have some sort of something to keep it going for me to like it.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    the mummy(s) & scorpion king have been decent films and i like them for some reason so seeing a m3 cum out would be nice and an accepted film. even though it will prob suck, imo, i'll still watch it. movies like this being terrible and all still have some sort of something to keep it going for me to like it.
    I liked'em too, but to push for a third one Well, I'm not expecting the best either...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    I liked'em too, but to push for a third one Well, I'm not expecting the best either...

Hows about The Mummy III: The Fast and Furious Chinese Mummies ?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    hmmmm

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post

Hows about The Mummy III: The Fast and Furious Chinese Mummies ?
    Cracked me up cheers for that.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    The first two were good. Scorpion king was watchable. The fiancee likes the series so no matter how bad it is, I will be watching it.