Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: RABBIT -what the....?

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by justaprick View Post
    silly silly people what did yall expect?Why join a site and then break one of thier bigest rules?Dont you know many of us like having a place that isnt open for just anyone?you were part of a family and you betrayd them all.you all got just what you deserved.
    I agree that when someone signs up for an account he should follow the rules of said site. But i dont think thats what's at stake here. A lot, if not most, were unfairly given the boot. It shouldnt be this arbitrary.

You cant claim that the site is like a family and then throw someone out without even knowing if he's gilty of something. And to be honest, some of this family speech starts to look tiresome. It looks more like a religious cult speech than a filesharing site speech. It's becoming more and more elitist.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Read the post I made about 2 -3 pages back for the reason as to why they were more than likely banned.

This thread seems to be more about people being pissed for their accounts being banned.
    I havent seen anyone fess up to breaking the rules yet which 99% of you probably did break.
    Im sure where were a few of you in the line that got banned that didnt really deserve it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    shikotee's Avatar Of Crazy Mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    Hmmm about a month ago you wanted so badly to join the invites section...
    A little bit confused aren't you?[<----the usual newbie who right now is probably begging the rabbits to give him an invite for the good support he provides for the here ] Anyway, plz mind your own bussiness..
    Dude.... great spy work on tracking down that old thread!
    You should take the time to read other stuff I have written!

And I stand by what I wrote. Being a noob here, I was really curious as to what was going on there! Prior to my time here at FST, I'd never been a member of any filesharing forum.

I think FST is great for learning about other trackers that are out there.
    Thanks to reading various forum posts, I've had the chance to join and check out other trackers that are out there. It has given me the opportunity to expand.

I am rather pleased to say that in my time here, I've never tried to trade for an invite or an account. I'm already overwhelmed with what I have!

But boy - the way you have judged/condemed me certainly says alot about you, and how narrowly you see the world....

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    lol Shikotee i have some other gift for you, check the other thread
    also if you can judge how someone see the world by some forum posts, then boy, you have to learn that the world is NOT here, it's out there... turn off your pc man and go outside to see what the real world is.. Also , plz don't continue this personal thing here, you can always pm me and talk about it, ok?

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    shikotee's Avatar Of Crazy Mind
    Quote Originally Posted by morphine View Post
    I agree that when someone signs up for an account he should follow the rules of said site. But i dont think thats what's at stake here. A lot, if not most, were unfairly given the boot. It shouldnt be this arbitrary.

You cant claim that the site is like a family and then throw someone out without even knowing if he's gilty of something. And to be honest, some of this family speech starts to look tiresome. It looks more like a religious cult speech than a filesharing site speech. It's becoming more and more elitist.
    Your points and concerns are valid.
    The way things played out was a disaster for both innocent users and the admin team of the site.

I can understand and relate to the users that have a bitter taste from this experience.

With that said, I just can't understand and can't condone the angry mob that has tried to destroy things in the heat of rage.

Sorry - I just don't buy into y'olde "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" kind of thinking.

In any case - just remember that the people who run a tracker do not owe you anything. They put in time and money to run things, and they must make decisons that serve the best interests of not only their users, but also their philosophy. They are human beings.

As a user, it is easy for me to get pissed at admin teams when things do not go my way, but I keep in mind that I've never done the work that they have done, and that I am judging them from a very ignorant position.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    NO matter how harsh you may think they are being. They are only looking out for their users. They are trying to keep their tracker to the safest they can to make users feel secure. Contrary to what you guys beleive alot of the users on this particular site have stated they respect the staff for taking such precautions. I guess you cant please everyone. Especially considering some people got hung off the wrong end of the rope so to speak.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow
    Contrary to what you guys beleive alot of the users on this particular site have stated they respect the staff for taking such precautions.
    for fear that their account will be disabled, probably

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow
    Contrary to what you guys beleive alot of the users on this particular site have stated they respect the staff for taking such precautions.
    for fear that their account will be disabled, probably

Do you know that for a fact, or is that an assumption?

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX
    it is neither, it is my opinion

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX
    it is neither, it is my opinion

And that is the crux of the matter... Opinions...

We all have opinions. Some think the purge is right, and others think it is wrong. Opinions are really perceptions of what is around us.

To be honest, my opinion is that many here are ranting about the way that the Rabbit has treated them, because they actually value/d their account, irrespective of what they say now.

If I was banned from a torrent site that I didn't value, I wouldn't think twice about it, but if I was banned from one I DID value, then I would rant.

Mind you, I've never had an account at the Rabbit, or it's predecessor, so I would hold no value for the site, but I have been disabled from other sites for something I felt I didn't deserve, so I can understand the frustration felt by some here.

What does make me laugh is the opinion that we all have rights and freedom of speech. We DO have freedom of speech, as long as that freedom does not impinge upon those who are our masters. The masters could be the torrent site admin, or even the authority of our country of residence.

An example of the above happened in the UK recently, with the visit of the Chinese leader. In the UK, we have the right to protest, yet when Ching Chang Chu, or whatever his name was, visited us a few years back, all protestors were arrested or manipulated so that this leader did not have to witness it... Call that freedom?

The only people who have real freedom are our leaders. Bush has the freedom to choose whether to invade a country or not (so far, he has invaded two). The common soldier doesn't have the choice, but must do as commanded, or face the wrath of the system. RealitY has the freedom to run these forums as he see's fit. Rabbit staff have the choice to run their community as they see fit.

The little people, which is us, have a certain amount of freedom, provided we stay within the guidelines set down by those who make the rules (which is not necessarily those in charge). Why do they make rules?

Rules are there for one reason only. To ensure peaceful co-habitation. Without rules, we have anarchy. Imagine a society where murder is not illegal. We would be killing those less able than ourselves, for reasons fair or unfair (I didn't like my neighbours' dog that kept barking, so I shot the dog, then shot the neighbour. Problem solved). Rules ensure that we ALL have a relative peace in our lives (we know that if our neighbour killed us, he would be brought to justice, hopefully).

This is no different for a website. Each site will have it's own rules, for whatever reason they deem fit. Should we respect these rules? Only you can answer that!

Over the last few years, many torrent communities have died at the hands of the various agencies that represent the entertainment industry. Due to this constant pressure, it is no wonder that many communities prefer to remain low key (not hidden, since the auths will know of each and every single community out there), and have a policy of rules to try and ensure that.

There are a number of open door communities out there, who are blatantly defying the auths, but when a few of these come crashing down, as has happened before, then watch the smaller open door communities suddenly close their doors. It will happen...

Since the demise of ET, many communities have become complacent, thinking that they are safe among the numerous communities that have exploded onto the torrent scene. Communities such as the Rabbit have not become complacent. Can we blame them if they feel the need to enforce such strict rules? Will we be thankful if a number of communities are toppled by the auths, but the Rabbit still remains?

FST is a filesharing forum, where people can discuss methods of sharing. It will probably never be taken down, as it isn't actually doing anything illegal, but a torrent community is sitting in the gray area of the law, and in some countries, the process of actively helping to share files, which is what a tracker does, is construed as facilitating the process, and is a criminal offense.

Think also of this. A small, hard to enter, community is much less of a threat to the auths than a larger, open door, community that actively encourages membership. Which one would be the priority target?

Anyway, enough of my opinions. I need something to drink!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567