Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this obscene

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ahctlucabbuS View Post
    Somehow I can't stop to think that the Mrs. had osmething to do with this.
    It has been reported that she was keen on the move to L.A. It does seem like her natural habitat.

The $250,000,000 was probably the factor which swayed him.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    If he can get that sort of money then good luck to him. However I have heard many sports fans complaining about such high salaries and the fact that their tickets cost $xxxx or the pay to view cost $xxxx. Yet they still pay.
    It just seems to me the willingness to pay such prices is partly the reason why players can make so much money.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I doubt the 250 mil is straight salary. There has got to be some typa endorsements or somethin tied into it.

Soccer just doesn't make that enough money over here to justify 50 mil a year to one person past his prime.

Hell I doubt it'll ever overtake basketball or football in America.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Good luck to him, he's worth every cent.

A quarter billion spent on Beckham is a quarter billion not being spent on blowing up innocent civilians or financing Israeli death squads.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    Good luck to him, he's worth every cent.

A quarter billion spent on Beckham is a quarter billion not being spent on blowing up innocent civilians or financing Israeli death squads.
    Damn I didn't know the LA Galaxy did all a dat, Billy1234.

Oh well I guess there's still room for Arab terrorists.

Beckham is worth shit. Even if the LA Galaxy win a championship everytime during his 5-year contract, he isn't worth it.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-12-2007 at 05:28 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Beckham is worth shit. Even if the LA Galaxy win a championship everytime during his 5-year contract, he isn't worth it.
    Oh dear, diddums get upset over his creator bullshit?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    Oh dear, diddums get upset over his creator bullshit?
    Eh? Do you know what thread you are in?

You made a remark about David Beckham in relation to bombing innocents.

Now you're on about creators, wtf?

Billy get some sleep....really.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I doubt the 250 mil is straight salary. There has got to be some typa endorsements or somethin tied into it.

Soccer just doesn't make that enough money over here to justify 50 mil a year to one person past his prime.

Hell I doubt it'll ever overtake basketball or football in America.
    You didn't even bother reading the first post, which I deliberately made as short as possible.

Here are the first few lines.

David Beckham's new deal to join The LA Galaxy is reputed to be worth around quarter of a billion dollars.

The Galaxy, citing industry experts, said Beckham's deal is worth more than $250 million in salary and commercial endorsements and is "thought to be the biggest in sporting history."
    Do you see why people think you don't actually read what othe people write.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You think it's about winning the MLS - I'm quite sure that winning the MLS, altho' kinda desirable, is of little moment to the financiers of this deal.

The thinking behind it is that Beckham, beause of who he is, can have a greater impact on football in America than any single athlete in any sport has before. They want Beckham to kickstart a process which will enable the LA Galaxy to be huge, they want that to make the MLS huge, which in turn will make football in America huge.

This will bring in megabucks from the domestic and worldwide market that will dwarf the 1/4 of a billion paid to Becks. That's the theory, anyway.

Of course, apathy toward football amongst the American people may preside and the financiers may not have factored in the jealousy factor from patriotic dumbfucks who will begrudge Beckham the money purely because he's earning more money from sport in America than any American ever has, or could hope to.

I don't know whether there's anyone like that on this forum.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Apparently, according to reports, he'll be only the second highest paid sportsman in the US, I'm guessing Tiger Woods would be number one, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Another interesting statistic is the average gate for LA Galaxy, 20,000. For a 'nothing' game that's quite a gate, there's plenty of British teams would like those figures.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast