Thread: Need help with contacting Torrent sites Admins / Mods

Hi.
    This is NOT a post about trading TORRENT MEMBERSHIP/INVITES.

The recent TAIWAN earthquake (27th DEC 2006) screwed up some people's internet connection including mine.

Something to do with broken cables under the sea needs to be fixed.

This means I cannot access the websites of some torrent sites I joined.

These include:
    - Bitsoup
    - ThePeerGroup
    - TopHos
    - NeonTorrents
    - ArenaBG
    - Libble
    - TorrentsForAll
    - Badbits
    - BTCyberstorm
    - ilovetorrents

I tried to connect my IRC client to "lovetorrents" but can't get a connection. I assume the same with all the IRC channels of the others above.

I just need the email address of each site so I can tell them my situation and tell them to PARK my account.

PM me their email contacts if you can't post it here.

CHEERS!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Amun_The_Unsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    im pretty sure any of those sites dont have emails.

try [email protected], cause the ones i checked only let you PM the staff and if you cant make it to the sites, i dono how your gona PM them.

and anyway, why would those sites only be blocked? if it were wires under the water or whatever, then none of your internet would work...right??

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Amun_The_Unsee View Post
    and anyway, why would those sites only be blocked? if it were wires under the water or whatever, then none of your internet would work...right??
    No, when cable was broken, some sites are disconnected, some sites are ok.
    because not all sites through cable.

But earthquake happened lots of days ago, and China has fixed it almost 80%.
    The sites mentioned can be visited even in China, except ArenaBG.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_king_my
    I just need the email address of each site so I can tell them my situation and tell them to PARK my account.
    if you know a friend that lives outside of taiwan, you can give them your login details, and tell them to park your accounts

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Hi.

I don't know PERSONALLY members from these sites who lives in IN or OUT of CHINA.

I don't think I even got the chance to download anything from these sites & my RATIO was probably "INF" the last time I logged in.

I can download from some OTHER sites (private + public) at the moment but they are hell of a slow thing compared to before the incident.

Yes, I know it has been WEEKS ago since the incident but don't forget the delay could be between my stupid ISP & their connected counterparts outside my home country. Don't ask me why, it's their thing(s)

If not email, I'll try the IRC channels for each but I'm not even sure they will work for me.

The other suggestion I got is if you ARE a member in ANY of the above sites, please tell them my situation. PM me if you can help.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Im from tophos and can set your account so it doesnt expire.
    Feel free to pm me with the username you use on each site and I can try and contact some of the staff on these sites.
    While I am not a member on all the sites you mentioned I am on quite a few of them and can probably message the others on the list if you like. Some of us talk on a regular basis elsewhere even though I am not a member on their sites.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Hi.

Sorry for the delay in replying Melvin & Co.

As of now, I think I can log in some of the sites again. I tested TOPHOS & BITSOUP, both I can use again. TGFT!

I'm gonna check the rest now ...

If I find any still not working, then I'll PM you Melvin.

I got to see NEONTORRENTS again but I have another problem with NEONTORRENTS. I tried to log in but account had been "disabled". I tried to contact a MOD, I managed to chat in their IRC channel with POKEYBIT (a mod I believe). I tried to explain my situation & he sounded angry for not using my account .. well how can I? Halfway explaning to him, I got disconnected from their server. When I tried to re-join, I got a "Ban Evasion" message... IS THIS FAIR? At least I have been idling in Neon's IRC channel over last 2 weeks or so before I got this "Ban Evasion" accusation. What is a "Ban Evasion" anyway?

I would like to have a decent conversation with any NEON staff & explain to me why I'm treated like this, PM me please.

Thanks for listening.