Show or hide the "My recent documents" from XP Start menu
The My Recent Documents folder on the Windows XP Start menu displays a list of files and documents that you most recently used.
Removing the Recent Documents link from XP Start Menu
To remove the My Recent Documents folder from XP Start Menu, try this:
Equivalent registry value
- Right-click Start, and then click Properties
- Click Customize
- Click the Advanced tab
- Under Recent documents, uncheck List my most recently opened documents
- Click OK, and then OK.
- Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced
- Backup the key to a file. See Backing up.. article
- Set the value of Start_ShowRecentDocs accordingly.
Value of 0 - List my most recently opened documents is disabledAutomate the above with REG file
Value of 2 - List my most recently opened documents is enabled
Download this REG file sets Start_ShowRecentDocs registry value to 0
Undo REG file which sets Start_ShowRecentDocs registry value to 2 (default)