Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: About Invites Section

Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i think is 40 reasonable

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    i think the ideea of haveing automatic acces to this section is not so good.
    i have a proposition that might require more work but it's much more efficient:
    1 section for level 2, 2.5 trackers, with free invites and stuff. in that section the acces can be granted based on the number of posts.
    another section for hi level trackers. in this section the rule for access can be only one: manual access considering:
    A: number of posts that are somehow useful > a simple search in the posts of the user and reading 3 of them should give a good ideea. if you hit 2 not so interesting posts out of the 3 ... that means he is not contributing. also a screenshoot with decent ratio decent upload AND the join date. this way a cheater will not be able to gain access cause he can not have so many accounts to trackers to pass 2nd requirement. another thing might be rep points, but not necesary cause it's so easy to make let's say 5 accounts, wait 1 month, gain access and then give +5 rep on each account.
    let me know what you think about my ideea.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by astarow View Post
    i think the ideea of haveing automatic acces to this section is not so good.
    i have a proposition that might require more work but it's much more efficient:
    1 section for level 2, 2.5 trackers, with free invites and stuff. in that section the acces can be granted based on the number of posts.
    another section for hi level trackers. in this section the rule for access can be only one: manual access considering:
    A: number of posts that are somehow useful > a simple search in the posts of the user and reading 3 of them should give a good ideea. if you hit 2 not so interesting posts out of the 3 ... that means he is not contributing. also a screenshoot with decent ratio decent upload AND the join date. this way a cheater will not be able to gain access cause he can not have so many accounts to trackers to pass 2nd requirement. another thing might be rep points, but not necesary cause it's so easy to make let's say 5 accounts, wait 1 month, gain access and then give +5 rep on each account.
    let me know what you think about my ideea.
    Might be possible to have seperate tiers. Though if done maybe trades for trackers in upper levels shouldnt be allowed in this section. This would be the same as when an invite request is done in the regular bt section. Most likely wouldnt be a banable offense but a warning and then possibly invite access removed. If this layout was acceptable by allot of members then it might be a possibilty...

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think it's a bad idea because it further makes what invites are worth too literal. I think the current requirements are good enough. 1 month is plenty to wait, and 20 posts are a good balance between spamming and not being active enough.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    i did not say that. if you really want to trade with some n00b who posts "i want demonoid for sct" ... that's ur choice, but this will make the hi level tier more clean and secure. anyway this can be decided by vote. also if a user is recomanded as a good trader by very trusted members the manual access rule from low tier to hi tier can be bend...

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by astarow View Post
    i did not say that. if you really want to trade with some n00b who posts "i want demonoid for sct" ... that's ur choice, but this will make the hi level tier more clean and secure. anyway this can be decided by vote. also if a user is recomanded as a good trader by very trusted members the manual access rule from low tier to hi tier can be bend...
    Thats a possibility also...

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    Back Again!! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think Reality's idea is great.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    I think it's a bad idea because it further makes what invites are worth too literal. I think the current requirements are good enough. 1 month is plenty to wait, and 20 posts are a good balance between spamming and not being active enough.
    1 month restriction for low level is too much imho.

if my sugestion is accepted we can have:
    low level (not exactly lvl 2 2.5 ... can be also level 3 ... ) with let's say 1 week wait time and a minimum number of posts

hi level where there is no spam, no spies, no cheaters with minimum 1 mo wait time, good posts (no exact number specified), good ratio's, etc.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    There's already one months wait but there are still idiotic n00bs, yes?

Maybe a two-forum thing would be good, but not if the stuff you can trade depends on the level of the invite. What invites are worth are not agreed on by all people. What one person is willing to trade for another invite is not entirely the same as what another would. Making a two-forum thing just gives another excuse for lack of judgement. The individual trader can decide with whom he/she will trade with, yes?

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think we have to find a solution mostly for spies.. Not for scammer mostly.. As Reality told me maybe 1 scammer event happens in a month...

But remember the ftwr thing have you seen any rabbit trades for 10 days??

cuz everybody is scared now..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast