Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avg?.... Dont Think So!

TRYING to download Clone CD from Kazaa, but can not find a 5.03 version on varifieds, so did a search and lots of copies out there. However, every copy I tried has a virus/worm. Norton picked them all up straight away, but AVG didn't find any of them...........mmmmmmmmmm
    WHY do people leave these programs available, when they must know they are infected!!............Can't understand it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    You would be surprised at the amount of people who dont keep their anti-virus updated.A lot of people just install it and leave it,so they are non the wiser.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Clone 5.03???? i dunt think they have it...

i dled 4.sumding w/ clone xxl... cracked n it worked fine.... itz about 4mbz - 5mbz

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by kennyboy@19 May 2003 - 20:04
    WHY do people leave these programs available, when they must know they are infected!!............Can't understand it.
    Hmmmmmmmm.....maybe because the people sharing those infected files work for an industry that's trying to discourage file sharing? That's why it's always best to use a verified hash from this site, and also scan each file manually after downloading.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Many thanks for the info guys. Very helpful, and will be looking for the new version when it is available. Realise NOW that the file must be fake, but did try to find in the verifieds.
    My point was though, the disappointing AVG performance versus Norton, when both were up to date with the definitions. Is it possible that Norton was just faster, and didn't give AVG the chance to find them?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    i belive avg is free, yet more reliable then norton. norton is gay. ive been using avg for ages, if u update when needed, it can detect quite good.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    AVG RULES - i bet this guy didn't update

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Metro..Read my second post please. I SAID.BOTH AV's were up to date.

Balamm.would you be good enough to point me in the direction of Serials S2K please. Would be very useful for the future, but I've never heard of it before. Many Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast