Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ScT invites

Quote Originally Posted by Vercors
    I'm not a member there so I wouldn't know..
    why are you asking?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I am not a n00b BT Rep: +4
    Agree with melvinmeow about sct and its pre's lately not being the fastest
    but it is the only site i belong to that i would really hate to lose and i think a lot of sct members would agree.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by decay View Post
    I'm not a member there so I wouldn't know..
    why are you asking?
    For same reason than morphine : i'll get an invite once it's available again

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    For same reason than morphine : i'll get an invite once it's available again
    how do you know that?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DISABLED PRIVS
    I think ScT regularly gives out invites to it's very top users. The tracker is always completely full; it's rarely got room for even one person. It also doesn't prune accounts very often at all, possibly because a large portion of the userbase is immune to pruning.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    My class is sct whore although I dont use my account there all that often the last 10 -11 months or so.

Please note that your invite may not work because the user limit has been (or is close to being) reached (11998/12000).
    Ive never not seen my account with invites. So guessing they dont close the site entirely although it may seem that way to some.

In responce to the how often are accounts pruned...
    Why can't my friend become a member?

There is a limit of 12000 users. When that number is reached we stop accepting new members. Accounts inactive for more than 42 days are automatically deleted, so keep trying. (There is no reservation or queuing system, don't ask for that.)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I used to have an account at ScT, but deleted it when I got a bad FEELING about it...

Knew a few staff there as well, and they also deleted their accounts, simply because of a bad FEELING.

Turns out that there may be a SithLord in charge, so watch out.

To be honest, I wasn't that much impressed with the place. There are far better places out there. For some strange reason, if you name your site with the words Scene or Piracy, people think it's the real deal. The real deal is the community where the staff are just right, the uploaders get it just right, and you feel comfortable.

So, we have ScT, and now ScP. Both are highly desireable, simply because one has the word Scene in it, and the other has the words Scene and Piracy in it...

How shallow we can be...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    To be honest, I wasn't that much impressed with the place. There are far better places out there. For some strange reason, if you name your site with the words Scene or Piracy, people think it's the real deal. The real deal is the community where the staff are just right, the uploaders get it just right, and you feel comfortable.
    I have not account on ScT, but i have some friends with accounts there, and they tell me that ScT is very nice but not so great as people say, is a MYTH.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Even if the invites are available it would be really hard (I guess) to get one to that tracker lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    It's great if you have 100/100.
    Thank you, now you can close topic

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast